33

Nicola took a deep breath and rolled his eyes, he had texted Junior twice since he had gotten to the guy's drive way and Junior was still not coming out. Nicola pushed the door of the car open and stepped out, he walked rapidly up the porch of the house and rang the bell as he looked over his shoulder, the last thing he wanted was for someone to see him there.

Nicola heard a few footsteps and then the door was pulled open by a very attractive young woman, her wavy hair fell over her shoulders and her piercing eyes were examining Nicola closely.

"Good afternoon" said Nicola.

Alana looked at Nicola and smiled "Hello" her eyes scanned his hair, she liked it "What can I do for you?"

"I'm looking for Junior" explained Nicola "We were supposed to meet but he isn't answering my texts"

"Oh" said Alana, she pushed her hair away from her shoulder and stepped away from the door "Come in, I'll go call him and let him know that... she turned to look at him.

"Nicola" he answered "Nicola is looking for him"

"Curious name" said Alana, she turned away and walked towards the stairs, Nicola couldn't help but notice that she was one of the most attractive girls he had seen in town, he couldn't believe that she was related to Junior.

"Thomas!" Nicola heard the girl knocking on a door "Thomas, Nicola is looking for you"

"What?" asked Junior's voice as a door was opened.

"A guy called Nicola is here" explained Alana "He said he texted you, but you didn't answer"

"Shit!" snapped Junior "My phone died"

"Well, he is downstairs waiting for you, so"

"I'll be down in a sec, thank Ana"

"Ok"

Alana came down the stairs and smiled at Nicola "He will be down in a second"

"Thank you"

"How do you know my brother?" asked Alana, she crossed her arms over her chest.

Nicola looked at her, that was a tough question that had a weird answer "I'm dating Lena"

"Oh" said Alana, her eyes growing twice its size "You are the new boyfriend"

"Yeah" said Nicola "I met him through her"

"Wait" said Alana, she uncrossed her arms and frowned "What are you two planning on doing together? I've never heard of a reunion between former boyfriend and new boyfriend"

"Stop it" barked Junior as he reached the first floor "We are just... he pondered over the word and then decided it was best to use it "We are just friends"

"You are?" asked Alana.

"No" thought Nicola and Junior.

"Yes" they answered at the same time.

"Wow" whispered Alana "That is the weirdest shit I've heard all summer" and with that she turned around and walked away.

"You'd be surprised" whispered Junior as he walked out of the house and closed the door behind him "Sorry, my phone ran out of battery"

"It's fine" answered Nicola "You do know where this creep lives right?"

"Yeah, of course" Junior answered "He lives near a friend's house"

"Ok" whispered Nicola "Let's get going"

Nicola and Junior walked towards Nicola's car and got in; this was without doubt one of the weirdest things they had both done in their lives; teaming up to intimidate the guy that was scaring the living days out of the girl they both liked.