Chapter 2

Chapter 2

            By the time the night was over I had, had 3 shots and 2 tequila sunrises. As you can image I was pretty tipsy. Mahogany ended up staying with the bartender who it turns out she’s already seeing for a month now; she just forgot to mention it to me. Emma left an hour before we did, as usual.

            I ended up following Ethan back to his bachelor pad because he lives on U Street by Bens Chili Bowel. Mahogany was supposed to come too but she’s kinda occupied.

            “We need to loosen Emma up,” I informed Ethan as I looped my arm around his.

            “I think she’s already loosed up,” Ethan said sarcastically as we walked down the street.

            “Let’s get her drunk,” I added.

            “Good luck with that,” he informed me.

            Clearly something was bothering him and I think it involved Emma. He would barely speak to her. We all are good friends with each other but we all know Emma and Ethan are closer just like Mahogany and I are closer to each other.   

            “What’s up with you and Em?”

            “Forget about it,” he said as he released my arm and proceeded to walk faster in front of me.

            I dropped the subject for the moment. Now was probably not the best time to discuss the situation. I was starting to think him and Emma had something going on. Where they having sex? Or were they an item? I can’t image Emma having sex with anyone but you never know.

            As soon as we walked in the door to Ethan’s apartment I asked, “Are you and Emma friends with benefits?”

            Ethan doubled over in laughter. Clearly he thought I was nuts. It does sound nuts. This was Emma I was talking about; the girl who made straight A’s, the girls who’s never had a drink.

            “Emma and I are just friends,” he informed me.

            “With benefits” I pushed.

            “No!” he hollered. “Go take a shower or something,” He added as he went into the kitchen.

            I rolled my eyes and went to his room. I’ve spent so many nights at Ethan’s I have my own draw. I retrieved my PJ’s and headed to the shower. By the time I was finished Ethan had made up the pull out bed in the living room and had blankets waiting for me.

            “Why are you being so nice?” I questioned.

            Ethan never makes the bed for me. Something was going on and I wasn’t sure what it was.

            “Let me asked you something?” Ethan said as I hopped on the bed.

            I propped up the pillows and leaned forward on them. “Ask away.”

            “Why are you marrying Justin?”

            I wasn’t sure why he was asking that question but I answered anyway. “I love him. I can’t image life without him.”

            “You think you guys are meant to be?”

            “What’s with the questions?”

            Ethan shrugged his shoulders then headed to his room. I was not letting him get way without answering my question so I followed him to his room.