Chapter 33

No noise can be heard from everywhere, it was all silent and she liked it that way. Sniffing, Joy had been watching the sky from inside the room she's been for two days. The air was getting colder and she hugged herself to be warm. She was satisfied being alone in her room for sometime when someone opened the door.

"You want some tea?"

Joy nodded and stood to help her mother with the tray she's holding. Her mother had also stayed with her and they shared a comfortable silence, admiring the scenery outside the window.

"When you were young, you used to play outside when you knew it would snow. Your smile was always so big when you talk about snow and how you love holding it even though it made you cold."

Joy just smiled to her mother's story, reminiscing her childhood days. She remembered hating winter but then loving it only because of her love for snows. She took a peek inside the room and realized things was still placed like before, except for the things she had brought to her and Taehyung's home.

Taehyung. What is he doing now? Just thinking about his name made her emotional again. She was lost in her own reverie wondering what he was up to and she failed to notice her mom was already looking at her.

"Do you want to talk about it now?"

Joy sighed. After her and Taehyung's fight, she hailed a cab and let it drive her to her parent's house. Her mother was surprised to see her there, crying but didn't say anything. She had just embraced her, gave her space knowing she wanted it but she knows her mother was just waiting for her to talk.

"Taehyung and I had a fight." Joy sighed and her mother was just calmly listening. "We were not really okay on the past few days and I was mad at him. I kinda distanced myself and I think I was hurt because he kept secrets and you know how I don't like someone not telling things to me."

"Is that all?"

Joy shook her head and before she knew it, a lone tear escaped from her eye. "He saw me outside the hospital and I hurt him by my words. He was just worried for me and we misunderstood each other, and that's how I threw our wedding ring at him."

She tried to stop crying and she didn't fail to do so. Her heart lightened from finally telling someone what had happened but it didn't stop her from feeling bad.

"Fighting between couples are normal. Yes it is sometimes a bad thing but then everyone grows from it. How you overcome these challenges together is what you need to solve out for your relationship's progress. I think you had a fair point and you being mad is also normal because who would not feel that when you think someone is trying to keep things from you? But then maybe he also had his own reasons for that. Have you talk about it properly with him? Keeping your real emotions from your husband doesn't make you that different either. You were also not honest with some things from him I can tell."

Her mother had taken a hold from her hand and continued. "Do you remember what I always told you when you were a kid? Don't make decisions and do actions when you're angry. You shouldn't forget that Sooyoung."

"I know I'm wrong mother. I was wrong for letting my emotions took control of me. I regret hurting him but then I also needed some time to sort myself and for us to realize what actions we had done that somehow made us grew apart for some time."

Her mother kindly smiled at her and caressed her hair. "That's fine Sooyoung. Reflecting is a good choice and I see you reflected well from both of your actions. I can also see some aspects had changed in you and I would like to question something."

Joy was curious and when her mother dropped the question, she took her time to answer but then smiled and nodded. Her mother gave her a comforting hug and Joy knew she needed someone. She was thankful for her mother and some fear left her heart knowing she is always going to be there for her through each process.

"Right before I go out, I have someone and something for you." Joy had watched her mother go out and enter her room again with interest and when she saw the familiar pet, she was surprised and her heart was happy.

"Haetnim!" The dog run to her and she carried the pet from her arms. Joy had been smiling and her mother gave something before smiling and going out.

Joy sat down with Haetnim, quietly sitting on her lap, as she opened the envelope. She was nervous but then reading the content inside the paper made her cry and she knew the next thing she needs to do.

I am writing this letter because I don't know if I can talk to you in person and I also know you don't want to see me yet. Every minute, every hour, everyday I miss you. Living every day without your presence near me made my life dull and exhausting because you were the only one who had brought color to make our home and my feelings to be bright. Sooyoung, I am sorry for hurting you and for not being a good man once again. I was an idiot and I hated myself for making you cry. I am also sorry for being jealous. Please know I do not want you to cry because of me. You are one in a million and you are different to all the other girls out there. You're very special in my heart and I want you to know you are the only one. Always.

I brought Haetnim to you because I'm not there. I know she can cheer you up and be by your side for the time I am not there with you. I miss you love. I will be waiting for you in our home but then I will not pressure you too. Wait no, please come back to me Sooyoung. I need you here and winter has been lonely without you hugging me. Christmas and my birthday is also coming and I do not want to celebrate it alone.

Please come back to me, love.

___________________________________

Hmm, so have you discovered something? I specifically had written something there which wasn't mentioned before 😜

-

okay everyone, you couldn't guess it.. the hint would be on the letter! bye 🤍