Chapter 30

2 Months Later

The silence is defeaning. No one can be heard, except for the small movements between them. Taehyung sighed, he glanced at Joy who only showed her back on him.

What was the reason now?

Lately, it has been like that. His wife was giving him the cold treatment and he was already losing his mind and patience for being clueless as to what was the reason.

"Sooyoung, I know you're awake. Please let's talk."

No answer. He huffed a deep and angry sigh and just lie down the bed with his back also at her. If she won't talk then, screw it. He will not push. He didn't want to make the same mistake again when he made her angry and hurt with his words.

But really, what was the reason?

...

"Joy, drop the act. What is happening?"

Joy frowned. She didn't expect to be cornered so fast when the girls invited her for a meal. Right, how can she forgot. Her friend's boyfriend and husband are friends with Taehyung. She rolled her eyes and took a bite from her fifth plate of dessert.

"Nothing."

"Uh-huh. You're face says otherwise. Spill or spill. You have no choice."

She dropped her fork and bit her lip, looking at their faces. The girls were expectantly looking at her for her story. They knew she's ignoring Taehyung. The reason why they invited her was to make her tell them her true reason for the matter.

Right when she's about to open her mouth, Yeri beat her into it. Joy witnessed how their eyes moved and when she followed the vision, she put on a stoic face and move her glance away.

"Joy..."

"He never eat in our shared home because he was busy and I understand. He comes home late and we rarely talk but I still understand. He forgot our dates and I was hurt but I still understood it all because I know his plate was full and I do not want to burden him by making him guilty."

Seulgi and Irene held her hand and Joy took a breathe before continuing. "Now, you saw that right? I was planning on a surprise for him because we rarely have time for each other. But I was the one surprised when I saw them together having meals. At first, I was unbothered but then I accidentally saw them again in a restaurant last month. I asked him many times about it and he answered me, saying he didn't meet any woman or a woman client alone."

She put on a smirk but she was crying on the inside. The girls comforted her and they all took a glance again on Taehyung, who didn't notice them, and he was smiling while having talks with the woman in front of him.

"Let's go, I don't want to lose my appetite here."

Joy was ready to stand up when Wendy curiously looked at her. "But Joy, that was your fifth plate already. You're still hungry?"

Joy shrugged, "Maybe stress eating, I don't know."

"That Kim Taehyung, I'll surely kill him." Seulgi was mad and Joy just smiled, a sad one.

"Don't worry unnie, I know he doesn't love me so why bother, besides we're arranged you know. I'm going to talk to him and to our parents about it soon but for now, I think I need time."

Joy put on a smile and changed the subject but the girls know it was just her strong facade and they actually worried for her. They took a last glance on Taehyung who actually faced their way and Irene smirked when she saw Taehyung met her eyes.

Irene mouthed a 'jerk' and they all left, without telling their Sooyoung.

Kim Taehyung, just wait.

_________________________________

Hello, your unfav writer is back! *cries*

I'm still working on the ending of this story but I think we're close to the finale. Sorry for keeping you wait but I won't promise for fast updates, please bear with me I'm so stressed and i don't know how to keep up ://

but hey good news! i'm working on new stories yep! i'll drop them if i write 5 chapters on each of them hoho and also THANK YOU FOR THE 1k VOTES IM SO HAPPY 🥺 thank you for supporting Haven !!