Chapter 1 : Meet Shreya

Chapter 1: Meet Shreya

I was surfing online. While a steady tab for Facebook was always open while the Internet was being used by me. What else would one expect of a teenager who had her own computer to use? Hey! I'm a normal girl in this digital age and even if I don't use Facebook, or even check it's notifications the tab is open.

Sometimes my friends even taunted me saying that "Oh ho! Whole day online. Whom do you wait for huh!? "Then they would laugh. I would have said, mind your tongues dumb-heads because you are worse than me! But taken that I was a better specimen as a human being than them, I would let it pass. Let a person live their fantasy no matter how nasty and cheesy they might me.

Though it was not funny! I being online did not give them a right to laugh for hell's sake.

And that was not true. Every freaking one has this weird habit of poking their noses into other's matters whether they know everything or they do not. Why are we humans? Because we have a nose to poke in other's business. Well let me tell you a better fact, there were days I was busy for straight 10-12 hours not even getting time to settle in a place properly! Or not even peep at my account! Now, why don't they notice that time and ask, "Why haven't you been online?" Because News Flash - They usually don't care.

The sole reason for that was not only because that I was busy, also because I didn't use Facebook or any other net connection facility from my mobile! You could call the present mobile I use as a calling or messaging device and not one of those 6 inch smart phones that most people of my age use. Also to mention it, I was happy with my phone. It was my phone after all.

Ooppss! Sorry. I forgot to introduce myself. I'm Shreya. Shreya Aggarwal. I quite don't know what I am saying and why I am saying so. But since I'm doing it anyway, let's just go on. And please be kind to me for now, and don't throw sandals or rotten eggs because I'm in no mood to take a bath. Dad would be like, why the hell am I taking a bath when it's clearly not the time for one and Mom would be screaming at my ill manners.

So where was I? Online? Sorry, I keep going off track! No, hmn, yeah, my life.

I'm a bit busy of a teenager, I'm in the 10th standard, and well I'm going to give my first board examinations of my life, through its not gonna be very tough, as per what I think. You'd never know if your thinking is right or not, until and unless you try it out. Not that I'm such a wonderful meritorious or laborious of a student. I'm just another student, a bit above average, just like others are! That's something about me, and I do regard as myself as very average, but some of my friends just don't.

Boards in India are something which one can't ever get rid of. Like, if you are in 10th or 12th, and don't want to go anywhere tell people that you are being prepped for boards and you'll definitely be off the radar of attending a occasion you don't want to.

And you know what's worse? It's my summer vacations going on and my little brother has joined some swimming classes near our home, in a pond this time. So the matter is that as it's my vacations going my Mom has near about forced me to join the same! When it comes to my parents they won't take the excuse of my boards upcoming because it was a lot of months away. Mothers, I tell you.

I had learned swimming in the pool about 3 years ago. I was good then, in fact I was a good swimmer since I loved the water so much. But pool and pond are different! I knew that and I am totally out of habit, not that I'd drown, but man it was a pond! Graces knew what was going to happen! And if you are wondering how the pool and the pond are different, go and try yourself I can assure that the experience would be worth it. Also, come back alive, please.