Part 3

My dumb ass just sighed and said, "Mon, what is it that you want for me?"

I just sighed and closed my eyes, my hands slowly closing the book I had been reading. Mon proceeded to gawk over my dancing and singing skills and beg me to join his team.

His team?

Mon suddenly grabbed my hands, which had been resting on the table, and held them tight.

"Ara, you are incredibly talented. You deserve to showcase that talent."

This guy was pissing me off. Not only had he grabbed my hands but he was talking about showcasing myself to the world.

"Mon please..." I didn't want this. I was supposed to be hiding in the shadows, "Mon I'm scared."

Mons eyes softened. He tightened his grip on my hands and rubbed his thumb softly over my knuckles.

"Ara I know how you feel-"

"No you don't! You and Juliana have been bothering me all day with this club stuff and I'm tired! I shouldn't be here! I should be somewhere alone! Mon! Don't get close to me or you will regret it!" I almost screamed. I was breathing hard. I had pulled my hands away from Mons and folded then tightly on my lap. I felt a tear slide down my cheek and drop unto my shirt. I grabbed my bag and rushed out of the room. Too embarrassed to show my crying face to Mon and every other person in there.

I ran out and made my way to the courtyard. It was a small little yard, the ground covered in mulch. A few trees grew here and there bordering the small yard. I made my way to a small bench on the far corner of the yard, sat down and let my feelings go.

Tears streamed down my face. I was feeling pressured and overwhelmed. I wanted to hide in a hole and wait for everyone to forget about me. I curled up on the bench bringing my knees up to my chin and continued to sob. I didn't realize someone had sat next to me.

They had quietly sat down and had placed their hand on my hair.

"Ara... I'm sorry. I didn't realize I had made you feel this way." Even though it had been one day, I could already tell whose voice that was.

"Mon. What are you doing here?"

"Keeping you company until you stop crying and stop feeling how you are feeling."

Mon ran his hand down my long hair brushing it out and he spoke to me. He told me about his life, about his mom and his dad. He told me about how he too felt what I was feeling sometimes, and how he didn't have someone there for him. He told me that he knew how it felt and he knew how much it hurt to be alone. He knew how it felt to cast yourself out of society out of fear. He knew my pain.

I sobbed. Mons' words soothed me. No one had ever spoken to me like that. No one had ever sorted out my feelings before. I gave up and collapsed my body onto Mons legs. I covered my face and let the fear, the pain and the hurt slide down my cheeks.

And Mon was there until there was no more left to cry, petting my hair, like some cliché couple.