3

Angela would be lying if she said she wasn't afraid.

The redhead had never been in an actual classroom with other students before. Her grandfather always insisted on her being homeschooled and hired a strict tutor, making sure she was well inversed with all types of subjects. So, being in a place full of kids her age slightly terrified her.

She had read several books on how mean kids could be. Granted, Peter had been nothing but kind to her in the past 24 hours, but that didn't mean the other kids wouldn't jump at the opportunity to stick gum in her hair or put a dead fish in her locker.

Angela had received little sleep, so she awoke early and fixed everyone lunch before sitting on the couch to wait for everyone else. Having already been showered and dressed in her school attire, she was ready to go.

Going off of what knowledge she has of public high school, she dressed in a way that wouldn't draw attention yet was comfortable for spending hours in a chair. A pair of jeans, a plain black sweater and running shoes seemed fitting enough. As for her hair, she just tied it up in a ponytail to keep it out of the way. Angela never saw a use for make up, and thus never wore any.

May was the next to wake up. She ran out of her room and into the kitchen to make her lunch when she found three sacks on the counter. Angela turned to face her, not getting up from the couch.

"I hope you don't mind. I made everyone lunch." She said shyly.

"Oh." May started, unsure of what to say. "That was sweet of you. Thank you."

"Morning Aunt May." Peter stumbled out of his room, running late just like his aunt was. "Morning Angie."

"Angie?" Angela whispered.

"Sorry, it slipped out." Peter blushed and faced away from her.

"I kinda like it." She admitted quietly.

May gave the kids the lunches that Angela had made for them and ushered them out of the apartment, locking the door behind her. "I'm gonna be back late tonight, so don't wait up for me." May said, running down the stairs.

Peter glanced at his watch and gasped. "We're gonna be late!"

the two of them ran down the stairs and out to the sidewalk where the bus was supposed to pick them up. Unfortunately, they made it to the stop right as the bus had pulled away.

"Dammit!" Peter shouted. "Now we'll never make it!"

Thinking quickly, Angela pulled out her phone. Peter looked over at her confused before she smirked and returned the device to her waist bag.

"What did you do?" Peter asked her.

Not even a minute later, a cab pulled up to them. "What are you waiting for? Get in!"

Angela took Peters bag and tossed it into the back seat of the cab. They climbed in and Peter gave the cabbie the address of the school. "Please hurry." He added nicely.

"Let me guess, you kids missed the bus?" He chuckled, shaking his head.

"Yeah." Angela met the old man's eyes in the mirror. "It was my fault."

"No it wasn't. I shouldn't have smashed my alarm clock." Peter grumbled. "The darn thing wouldn't stop yelling at me."

"That's what clocks are supposed to do?" Angela said questioningly.

"Shad up, Angie." He jokingly nudged her, making her laugh.

Angie... I don't think I've ever had a nickname before.