Winds of Change

Ninjago Museum of History, Ninjago City

11:00pm

    Gavin Hobbs didn't really have an interesting job. Sure, it paid well and sure, only someone with a poor sleep schedule could do it. Every night he worked from 9:30pm to 5:30am, walking down the dark and quiet hallways with nothing but a billy club and a flashlight. Not the typical nine-to-five most people worked.
    Sometimes he wished something interesting would happen. Maybe not a full scale break-in, but perhaps a couple of kids coming after the daytime hours. Something to make his job seem a little bit more important.
    At least, as a Night Watchman, he got to see the new exhibits before they were released to the public!
    "Hands up, Lord Garmadon! All four of them!" Gavin joked to an animatronic display of Lord Garmadon. The newest part of the museum was the beginnings of a "Hall of Villains" that the Ninja have defeated. Garmadon was the four handed foe who doubled as the Green Ninja's father. Something Gavin only thought happened in Star Wars.
    The watchman pushed the arms of the animatronic up and laughed. "Oh, that's right. Ninjago won't be seeing the likes of you anymore. Good riddance!"
    Something passed by the corner of Gavin's vision and he couldn't help the gasp that rose from his chest. Turning sharply he pointed his flashlight towards where the shadow had gone and nearly screamed!
    "Phew!" He breathed as the animatronic statue of Ninjago's Savior came into view. His eyes had just been playing tricks on him, making the poor watchman see things in the dark. That was when a small bit of electricity pulsed through the wires of the Lloyd animatronic, bringing it briefly to life.
    "I am the Ultimate Spinjitzu Master-er-er." Gavin couldn't tear his eyes away as the metal head fell off with a crash. This had to be some kind of sick joke. Where were the teenagers with their phones jumping out to announce this prank? "That's it. I'm calling it in. Let's see who's laughing!" He muttered, reaching for his walkie talkie... where was it?
    "Looking for this?" A voice asked.

Over the Endless Sea
8:00am

    Five dragons of all different colors dotted the sly, each carrying a special Elemental Master on their backs. Lloyd, the Green Ninja and leader of the team was at the head of the group before a certain red ninja flew past him. "Getting ahead of yourself, Kai?" Lloyd called after him before getting a better grip on the reins and urging his dragon to rush forward. "I'm leading this charge!" He announced, splashing the fire ninja on his way through.
    Kai yelled, shaking the water droplets off of him with a stuttered breath. The blue ninja let out a laugh. "That's one way to cool off a hothead!" Jay joked. "Hey, no one messes up my hair!" Kai playfully yelled. He had his dragon dive towards the water and attempted to splash the lightning ninja. Jay in a split second had his dragon dodge, causing most of the water to hit an unsuspecting ice/titanium ninja.
    "You okay there, Zane?" Cole asked from atop his earth dragon. Zane coughed and spat the sea water. "Affirmative. It'll take more than a little water to take me out!" Zane spoke, his voice having a robotic edge.
    Jay caught the tail end of their conversation as he spotted a large shadow moving in the water. "What about a big fish? Incoming!" He yelled just as a giant mutant fanged fish lunged after Zane's ice dragon. Thankfully, Zane swerved and the fish landed back into the water, causing a big ripple of waves. "There he blows!" Cole couldn't help but comment.
    Zane glanced over his shoulder to quickly analyze the whale sized fish. "Pixel says this is the one!" He announced. Lloyd smiled. "And now that he's taken the bait, let's reel him in and get him to the aquarium." The green ninja spoke, having his dragon fly a little closer to the sea level.
    Jay turned to speak with Kai. "Let me guess, Kai. You caught one that big once?" He asked, smirking. The fire ninja grinned. "Heck no. He was twice the size!" The fangfish lunged out of the water, snapping at the fire elemental's dragon. The fire dragon moved out of the way in time and the fangfish fell back into the water. "He's almost as hungry as you, Cole." Jay joked as the fish lunged a second time. "And twice as ugly as you, Jay." The earth ninja bit back. Everyone laughed at the exchange.
    Lloyd watched the line in the horizon as a ship appeared. A fishing ship that the group of five were fast approaching. "It's time for the catch of the day. In line formation!" Lloyd ordered as they all had their dragons fly along in a line. The fangfish added on more speed, getting ready to lung at the group again. "Now!" Lloyd called and they all split off in different directions just as the mutant fish broke the water. Unable to turn in mid-air the fish landed in the boat, rocking the ship and sending a couple of sailors to their sides.
    "Now that's what I call hook, line, and stinker!" Jay cheered.