Chapter 9- The Bar

Brickolas and Nikkenzie walked into the Cookie Jar Bar and took a seat. A waitress came up to them to take their order. "What can I ge-" she gasped, "Brickolas?!?"

Brickolas's eyes widened, "Ponytail? You work here?"

Nikkenzie felt like she was going to puke. She was tired of this annoying Horse Butt girl getting in the way of her love life and flirting with him.

"So Brickolas... you guys aren't dating right?"

"Oh no, we're just going here to get to know each other better."

Nikkenzie's heart sank.

"Oh, good. I wouldn't want to ruin anything." Nikkenzie eyed her furiously.

"Anyways, would you two mind if I tagged along? I get off my shift soon."

"Of course, we'd love to! You wouldn't mind, right Nikkenzie?" Brickolas pushed.

"I guess I wouldn't," Nikkenzie huffed. Ponytail and Brickolas didn't notice the bitterness in her tone. They were too busy winking at each other and making flirty faces.

"Alright. Let me go finish my shift and I'll be out in a moment with your drinks. Oh! What did you guys want?"

"I'd like some steamed pumpkin milk with a banana cookie!" Brickolas chirped enthusiastically.

"Can I just have some milk?" Nikkenzie grumbled.

"You sure, pretty gorl?"

Nikkenzie nodded.

Okay, I'll be out with your drinks soon. Have a seat over there by the window. It has the best view." Ponytail winked.

"Thanks, Horsie Butt!"

Ponytail laughed.

I hate this.

Nikkenzie and Brickolas sat down at the table. Brickolas finally noticed Nikkenzie's discomfort.

"Hey, are you okay? You look like a koala that got attacked by a hamster."

"I'm just kind of angry about Ponytail flirting around with you. I thought it was obvious we had a thing going on."

Brickolas laughed at his phone.

"Oh, what did you say, Nikk Nikk?"

"What are you looking at, Brickolas?"

"Ponytail just sent a picture she took of you from the back counter. She said you looked really weird. It's hilarious!"

Nikkenzie glared at him.

"Hey! I didn't mean I thought you looked weird. The photo was just funny! You look so cute when you're sad."

Nikkenzie's mood lightened.

"Oh really?"

"Yeah! And when you're happy, you do this really cute thing where you-"

"Hello, ladies and gents!" Ponytail approached the two with the drinks in hand.

Diddle darn rufus, Ponytail. You chose the PERFECT time to intervene. Ugh. Before Ponytail makes any moves on him, I should assert my dominance as the alpha whale female.

"Um, Brickolas- will you go on a date with me?"

Nikkenzie and Ponytail both asked him in unison.