EPISODE 27

"Are you ok?" Shahana asked while blowing continuously into Aryan's eyes.

"I should be the one asking this question. Are you fine? That idiot didn't do any to you, did he?" Aryan held her arms and looked directly into her eyes.

"All thanks to you that I'm fine now, else Bittu would have forcefully marr....." Shahana could not speak further as Aryan closed her mouth with his palm.

"Never ever can anyone force you to do something against your wishes. I promise you." he said solemnly.

"We must go home. Mumma must be waiting for me." Anya's voice broke their trance.

"Yeah.......Let's go......" Shahana said awkwardly.

-----

As soon as Aryan walked inside Mehra Mansion with Shahana, Pragya and Prachi rushed to engulf her in a bone crushing hug.

"Where were you? We were so worried." Pragya said trying hard to hold back her tears.

Shahahna narrated the entire incident to them. Pragya expressed her gratefulness to Aryan for saving Shahana.

"We should be going home now." Pragya seeked permission to leave.

"Where will you go? You, Prachi and Shahana must stay with us from now." Abhi pointed.

"Our stuff is at Sarita ji's house. We need to pack everything before we shift here. It will take at least a day to do it. We will shift here tomorrow." Pragya explained.

Promising to arrive soon, they left for Sarita ji's house, leaving behind an excited Rhea, furious Alia, happy Abhi, day dreaming Ranbir and somewhat confused Aryan.

Aryan walked to his room in a dazed state, thinking about something. Ranbir who was smiling to himself entered the room and sat beside Aryan.

"Isn't it wonderful that Prachi is chief's lost daughter? I'm so excited my girlfriend and your crush will stay with us from now on." he exclaimed excitedly.

"So, you think so too." Aryan said almost in a whisper.

"Think what?" Ranbir could not understand what Aryan was talking about.

"Dude, I don't understand why always people take me and Shahana to be a couple."

"That's because of like each other." Ranbir replied in a matter of fact way.

"No! We keep on fighting always." Aryan contradicted.

"So what? Prachi and me fight too, but we love each other very much."

"But it's always not the same for everyone......"

"Let me explain it to you clearly." Ranbir began as if he was teaching an important lesson to Aryan. "First, note down all the symptoms of love."

Ranbir began dictating and Aryan noted it down.

1) You feel secure with that person and trust him/her

2) You don't need to pretend to be perfect in front of the person.
3) You can't tolerate anyone hurting him/her.
4) You can't help but stare when he/she is around.
5) The person understands you.

"I think these are the preliminary signs of love. Let's go through them and find if you have any."

"I know for fact that points 2, 3 and 4 hold true for you as I have noticed you staring at Shahana and getting concerned for her many times. Also, you don't pretend in front of her, but she likes you the way you are. Only you can say about the other points." Ranbir stated.

Aryan thought for a while and said slowly, "They are correct too."

"So, it's 90% confirmed that you are in love. This experiment will confirm it." Ranbir chirped happily. "I will say a word and you have to answer immediately. Let's begin."

"Brother"
"Ranbir"
"Game"
"Football"
"Mom"
"Secrets"
"Cute"
"Shahana"
"Intelligent"
"Prachi"
"Me"
"Bro"
"Love"
"Shahana"

"Yay! It's proved that you love her! I'm so happy for you bro!" Ranbir said hugging him.

"Really? I love someone......I mean Shahana....." Aryan murmured, still unable to digest the fact.

"Yes! Yessssss!"

"But, does she likes me?" he said thoughtfully.

"How will I know that? You have to find it on your own." Ranbir winked at him.

Aryan grinned contently and lay down day dreaming about Shahana.

-----

Prachi was humming lightly to herself while packing her things when she noticed Shahana staring out of the window.

"Dreaming about Aryan?" she asked.

"Yes......I mean no....." Shahana replied.

"You said yes! That means I was correct all these while!" Prachi exclaimed.

"No.... I mean I was thinking about him, but not like what you think..... I'm just thankful for him for saving me." Shahana tried to make up an excuse.

"You can fool the whole world but not your sister. I know you better than you know yourself, so don't dare lie to me."

"No. You are mistaken."

"Come on Shahana, you are the one who asked me to accept the facts when I liked Ranbir and now you are not accepting them." Prachi said.

"But....."

"Keep your mouth shut and listen to me. Have you ever thought why you don't feel uncomfortable when Aryan hugs you or is close to you? If it had been any other guy, you would have surely objected. The answer is that you love him." she explained.

"It can be because we are good friends." Shahana tried to contradict.

Prachi glared at her. "Okay. If you say so, I believe it. This lessens the complications then."

"What complications?"

"Nina, the girl who is in your batch, has a crush on Aryan. I was worried that you also like him, so it may lead to complications. But since you have denied it, I think she and Aryan can be set up together. She is so sweet and they will make a great pair together."

"What! Sweet? My foot! Even a bitter gourd is sweeter than her. She changes boyfriends often and is not suitable for Aryan." Shahana cried out.

"May be we can leave that decision up to Aryan. What's the harm in trying?" Prachi said mischievously, enjoying herself at Shahana's expense.

"I said no!"

"Jealous huh?" Prachi cocked her eyebrows.

"I....I'm not jealous..... Maasi is calling me. Bye." Shahana ran away from there.

Prachi just smiled knowing that her job was done.