The venom in your words

It was a cloudy and beautiful night in the City of Paris. Ladybug and Chat Noir had finished defeating an akuma and had stopped at the top of the Eiffel Tower to relax and talk. 

"M'lady? Did you think about what I told you before?" asked Chat as he looked down at the city with his bright green eyes. 

"I did, but I'm not so sure if it's such a good idea. I mean it would be nice to get to know you better in civilian form, but we would be putting so much at risk ," she replied. 

"I know, but communicating this way would work for the both of us and our teamwork and sync would be strengthened. Plus I could finally get to know who my Bugaboo really is." Chat Noir smiled at Ladybug with his flirtatious attitude but was soon wiped away by her serious look.

"I'm serious Chat. This is not something to handle lightly.  But..... I guess you make valid points." Ladybug sighed defeatedly and turned to Chat Noir. "Are you sure this is what you want? Because once we do this, there is no going back."

"I'm sure M'lady." Chat took a hold of her hands and looked into her eyes hoping it would be enough to convince her. Ladybug took a deep breathe and had a bad feeling in her gut but maybe it was something that needed to be done, for one reason or another. 

"Ready?" asked Chat.

"It's now or never. Tikki, spot off." 

"Plagg, claws in."

Red and pink light surrounded the girl once wearing a mask, and left behind a shy girl with the same bluebell eyes. A similar green light left behind a shocked boy with sad eyes.

"Adrien?!?!?" Marinette almost had a heart attack and stepped back not realizing she was about to fall off the tower. 

"Eeekkk..." A strong set of arms caught her mid-air. 

"Marinette! I can't believe it. You're her!" 

Marinette tried to regain herself and her thoughts as she attempted to form a sentence. "Yep, it's me. Umm.. Are you ok?" She noticed Adrien was blinking a lot and had a confused face, as if to waken from a dream or change the sight before him.

"Yeah. It's just a surprise and not expected at all." The way Adrien said that wasn't as flattering as one would think it to be. He looked down at her and something in his look made Marinette realize that surprise wasn't the only thing he felt, but instead disappointment.

Marinette took all of her might to ask the following question which she was sure to have the answer to and would break her heart. "Are you disappointed it's me?"

Taken by surprise without thinking about what would come out of his mouth once to be flirty and charming guy replied: "Yes."

Marinette felt as if a cold bucket of water had been splashed on her, this feeling was called reality. 

"I mean no! Well kinda, but that's not what I meant.  I -I - ..." This time the roles had switched, Adrien stuttered to form a sentence but not because of his feeling for her, but for the lack of them.

"I knew it. It was all a lie." The sweet girl started to form tears in her eyes and felt all the negative emotions there were to exist as she felt her heart being torn apart. 

"Wait. What do you mean?" At this point Adrien knew he messed up, and things should have stayed as they were. 

"All that talk about you loving me, all those times you called me your 'bugaboo, all those flirts and puns, all of that were lies!" Something in her snapped and sparked an argument. 

Adrien let out his frustrations, again, without thinking about what would come out of his mouth, and this time Marinette could really sense his honesty. "Well it's not my fault it had to be you! I didn't expect the girl of my dreams to be that shy and clumsy girl in my class! Heck, I was the one who wanted to know who you were. If I had known I was going to be disappointed I would have never insisted!"

Marinette was ready to have her mental breakdown but refused to let herself have it in front of him. 

"Thanks for being honest. Good bye Adrien Agreste. Tikki Spots On!" She transformed back into Ladybug and swung away before he could say another word. 

"Wait, Marinette! I'm sorry. I didn't mean it! Come back. Marinette! " 

At this point it, she was far gone. 

"Way to go lover boy. And that ladies and gentlemen is how you treat your friend and partner. Give it up for Adrien Agreste, the ladies' man of the night!" Plagg flew out of Adrien's pocket and spoke in a more sarcastic tone than ever, except he was pissed off at his owner.

"Hey!?! That's not true. I just messed up that's all. I know she'll come running back to me anytime soon. I overheard Nino and Alya earlier today talking about Marinette's obsession for me." Adrien argued. 

"Are you hearing yourself right now?!? You really are a stuck up jerk, no, better yet, an ASSHOLE! How can you treat her like that!?! She's you're friend, and your partner, not some other girl. "

"I guess you're right. But still, it took me long enough to have her reveal herself to me. I'm not planning on losing her now no matter what a disappointed this ended up being."

Plagg was about to lose it. "Idiot! There was no better person for the Ladybug role. Marinette makes this whole thing work because she is amazing. If it weren't for her, Paris would be in flames, you wouldn't be much of help without her. Get that through your head! I mean, who were you expecting it to be!?!"

"I don't know Plagg, but definitely not her. But you get what you get. Might as well take advantage of it."

End of Chapter.....

To be continued....

*Author's Note*

Hoi everyone. This is my first story!

I love Adrien/ Chat to death but I wanted to give this Miraculous story a twist to a "what-if" situation based on everything we know so far. If you love Chat, like me, you will learn to hate him, at least in this fan-fiction. 

This will have some suicide and sexual warning triggers so just be aware!

Thank you all and comment on what you think so far.

Please don't forget to follow and vote if you like what you read! Much appreciated!!!

Your sis, 

BlueTears (aka DyOriArt).

Youtube: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzARXtobDdbJ2qqsQhSjk0Q

Instagram: https://www.instagram.com/dyoriart?igsh=cHJ0cTZzd2djeThy&utm_source=qr

TikTok: https://www.tiktok.com/@dyoriart?_t=8oOSWIBVFQg&_r=1

Pinterest: https://pin.it/5wxfI3VEK

Follow for art content! <3