Chapter III. What Hurts the Most

He finds you sitting all alone in the sand by the fire pit, where Daniel had met Ali and Johnny and Daniel had started their feud "/Y, N/ I— I'm sorry for what happened," he looks at your ruined dress and sets his jacket down, gently moving you onto it "/Y, N/ I don't think you," "Why?" You ask unhappily and look at him, his confusion matching your anger "Why what?" "Why did you have to kiss me?" 

The thought Bobby puts into the answer is genuine and you can tell he's nervous because his tongue brushes over his lips and the crease between his eyebrows scrunches up in thought and you quickly reach out and smooth the scowl back "You're doing it again, I told you that look would stick if you keep doing it, you'll get a permanent scowl," "I love you for so many reasons," You're taken aback by the admittance "B—Bobby, I only asked why you kissed me, not why you are in love with m—," your eyes widen in shock "You love me?" He nods "Yes..." he whispers gently and strokes back your hair with hesitantly fingers "I love you," and jokingly, you pull a Han Solo when you whisper back "I know..." and then you kiss him.

No girlfriends (Ex-girlfriend now, since the party), no boyfriends, just — 

Bobby... your best friend, your pounding heart, a singular contented sigh, and the sound of crashing waves while wind brushes back your hair and your kiss turns into passionate kisses 

And then the reality sets in and you jump up and run with him calling your name