The End: Peace Prevails, and It Always Will

Mary Sioux

20 Lordron Drive NY

March 24 1932

Dear Mother, 

Its been nearly a decade since I last wrote a letter to you in America. By the time you receive these l may be already heading home by ship. If we are lucky, we may even meet once you have received the letter. I believe that god has kept you safe in Noe Yorknew. 

I thank god for he had blessed me with his wisdom and holy power that day that decided the war. god had finally allowed me to fulfill my destiny, you may become overjoyed to hear these but I have killed the Devil of the Rhine and with it we crushed the Empire. I believe it was January 1st when I had finally gotten another chance to put an end to Devil. To be honest it was a miracle that I even survived that duel. It may have been one o'clock in the morning and me and Company 1 was sent to the front line at the city of Strasbourg which is near the border of the Empire. Strasbourg was being raided by Imperial 203rd Aerial Mage Battalion, once I heard the Devil was there my rage grew and I flew to the site alone. I am sure hearing these makes you very disappointed in me, but trust me for I am also very disappointed in myself.

Once the battle was over I can't say I came out in one peace. I tell you these because I had lost my right leg during my fight will the Devil. Commander had promised me that I would be awarded the WW1 City of  Strasbourg Veterans and Sliver Eye Medals along side a choice of either an honorable dispatch or work in the military away from any engagement.  Which also means a higher rank in which I do not need to fight. We will discuss our choice later when I arrived home. 

Also you do not to worry about my leg. I am going to be fine. 

Praying for safe return. Your grown up daughter.

Mary Sioux/Sue