Ch 6: My Lullaby

Y/n POV

I was walking outside, enjoying the fall weather that was slowly creeping through Auradon. I was humming to myself when someone interrupted my bliss.

"Y/n, we need to talk." The interruption that I came face to face with was Mal. I rolled my eyes.

"Sorry Mal, I've got places to be and people to see so feel free to reschedule," I said attempting to walk past her. She grabbed my arm and I used my powers to freeze the spot where her hand was, glaring at her all the while. She let go but still blocked my path.

"Follow me now if you know what's good for you," she said turning to walk away from the view of others, so sure that I would follow her.

"I'm following you because I want to, not because you're intimidating," I replied smugly. She led us down a path, past the tourney field, and a little into the forest. "This is how horror movies start Mal. You gonna give me a running head start?" She turned to me unamused.

"I know what you're doing and you need to stop it," Mal bit out. Her tone made me realize I should remember this conversation well.

"Hun you're gonna have to elaborate. I'm a lot of things, but I'm not a mind reader," I said, probing for the right response.

"No but you are a liar! You've been telling everyone I'm a hypocrite and making people question Belle and Beast. The reason magic is banned is to benefit everyone and—"

"Oh please don't even. The magic ban was put in place to keep villains down but to seem 'fair and equal' they forced it on good descendants too. All that produced was angry villain kids and brainwashed hero kids. You took that system and said screw it, used magic to make everyone like you and get yourself a prince, a throne, and a happily ever after. I never used the word hypocrite but if the shoe fits, put it on and kick rocks."

I tried again to walk passed her, not wanting a confrontation before all the pieces were laid out, but this time she pushed me back against a tree. She placed a hand by my head and her eyes were glowing green. The petty side of me smirked despite my precarious situation. 

"You're not going to ruin everything I've done. And if you keep meddling, I'll put you down myself, and I'll send all your little friends to the Isle of the Doomed." She punctuated her sentence by burning a hole in the tree by my head before she turned and walked off. 

I watched her go and once she was gone, Zanmi appeared before me. 

"I thought she was gonna kiss you," she said sarcastically, making me laugh and lightening the mood. I shook my head.

"She's mostly talk but that was a lot more stressful than I thought it would be," I admitted to my closest friend. Zanmi nodded and then tilted her head to the side.

"So what are you gonna do now?" She asked me. I thought for a second before smiling innocently.

"I'm going to recruit another member."

Jay POV

I was sparring with Lonnie for Swords and Shields practice, but I wasn't thinking about how close Lonnie's sword was getting to my face. I always catch myself thinking about her. 

I didn't fully understand my feelings for y/n, I just knew they were real and I couldn't ignore them forever. Carlos is convinced that I love her but I don't know if I could call it that. I just care about her and about what she thinks of me. Lonnie poked me with the tip of her sword.

"Hey what's up with you? You've been really distracted lately," she pointed out. I shrugged. I noticed that all the other guys had started murmuring and I turned to see what they were seeing. I think of her and she appears.