Day Ten Pt. 1 - Jake

***Jake***

I didn't know what to do. I was up all night panicking, afraid of what might happen to Emma. She didn't call me, but sent a text, saying she looked forward to Saturday but that we needed an excuse. I understood, there was no way Darren would let her out of the house - especially not with me. 

I spent ages trying to think of something that could get her out of it, but nothing sprang to mind. I got to school feeling a weird combination of excitement and fear. What did Darren do to Emma last night? I still don't get why she won't tell the police about him. But, then again, her life is crazy - I wouldn't know what to do if I was her.

At school, Callum found me, running up to me with the biggest grin on his face, "Oh, my God, Jake!" he said, screaming like a little girl.

"What?" I asked, uninterested. If I knew Callum, it was probably going to be something gross - he'd probably found a crack in the wall through to the girl's bathroom..or he'd found a porn magazine hidden in the library toilets. (These are both two things Callum claimed to be true - however when we tried peeking through the gap in the wall we only saw a load of dust and magazine...well, it wasn't of women...that's all I can say). 

"I got us both tickets to see The Script on Saturday!" he enthused. Something nudged in the back of my mind... That's when I'm meeting up with Emma.

"Oh that's great... But I can't go!" I moaned.

"Oh yeah... Your date with Emma..." he sighed. "Well... Maybe you could invite her to go instead of me?"

I stared at him - Callum was being so nice!

"Jesus, thanks Callum... Are you sure?" I asked.

"Yeah!" he said, grinning. "It'd be nice for you to get together with Emma."

I nodded, "Wow thanks. I'll text her now."

Hi Emma :) fancy going to a concert on saturday? xxx

I slid my phone back in my pocket when it beepd. Callum grinned, "Wow. She's keen."

But the message wasn't from Emma. It was from Lauren. Shit! Lauren! I'd completely forgotten about her.

"Hey, Cal, I think you might be going to see The Script after all..." I said slowly.

He winced, "She said no?"

"Nah, it's not that. I'd forgotten... But this hot girl, and I mean hot," I gestured to my chest, "invited me to go see them - you could go with her instead!"

He stared at me, "How hot?" A grin was forming on his face.

"I'd say double hot," I said, returning the smile. 

He chuckled quietly to himself, "She'll be glad she got the better looking friend."

I scowled, "Shut up. I'm getting Emma aren't I?"

"But I'm getting Miss Double D's," he said, doing a celebratory dance around the cafeteria. 

I sniggered as he bumped into a couple of nearby students, "Sorry, kids!" They all started cursing him so we burst out laughing. Watching first years swear and try to act hard is the funniest thing you'll ever see.

I texted Lauren:

really sorry i cant make it but my friend callum offered to go with you? xxxxx

I put those five kisses so she understood how guilty I felt. 

why?? :-( i was well excitedddd xxxxx

I swallowed, "Cal, what's my excuse for not going with Lauren?"

"Lauren? Lauren, who?"

"Miss Double D's..." I said with a sigh.

"Well, you can't tell her you're in love with some other less busty chick..." he said, holding his finger to his chin thoughtfully. "Just pretend you're going to see family..."

"And hope I don't run into her at a concert?" I said. Then I realised what I said. The concert was bound to be busy - what are the chances of running into Lauren? 

"Yeah," Callum said.

"Fine," I agreed.

soz i gotta meet famm :-( ikrrr i was tooo callum is a nice guy tho xxxx

jake ur a nice guy <3 but ill go with him.. i can get all the dirt on you ;-) ahhaa xxxxx

cool :-) forwarding his number now xxx

thank youuu<3 xxxxxxxxx

Callum was now in an even better mood and literally spent the whole day dancing around, exclaiming the news that he was going on a date with a hot girl. He hadn't even seen her yet. 

God, I hope I wasn't exaggerating - I can barely remember Lauren now, it's only Emma's face running through my mind.