Chapter 4

The street lights flickered on making the streets illuminate. Cool breeze swept past the tired bodies,cooling the heat of the summer and whispering the yearning hope of covert visions.

In the dark woods stood a man covered by mist who spoke with a commanding voice about how his wife cheated on him. Expressed his anger and devoured the blood of the enemy. In a blink of an eye everything was dominated by the dark night- deep and creepy, a nerve racking moment.

Varun jolted up from his sleep completely tensed by the nightmare he had. He looked around the room and only to his disappointment found none. Scared he wrapped a blanket around him as if it was his shield, he moved closer towards the door. He opened the door slowly and tiptoed in search of Jaggu, wondering where on earth she was. After a while he heard noises curious yet scared he dragged himself towards the veranda. Perfect time for the power cut. Cursing and trembling he moved slightly down as he was about to sit on the porch someone tapped on his shoulder. Frightened to death he fell unconscious.

"Varun! Varun!" Shouted Jaggu, sprinkling water on his face.

After numerous yells he slowly opened his eyes.

"Ekkada unnanu nenu?" Asked Varun.

("Where am I?" Asked Varun.)

"Hmm Bhumi meda!" Replied Krishna.

("Hmm alive on earth!" Replied Krishna.)

"Emaiyindi Varun?! Ala murchapoyaav? Asked Jaggu.

("What happened Varun?! Why had you been unconscious? Asked Jaggu. )

"I don't know. I had a terrible nightmare and I was searching for you then there was a power cut.... some tapped on my shoulder... vasanta...." he uttered and was still stupefied.

Consoling him they sat on the cot. After gulping down a glass of water he was back to his senses. He eyed around and saw some board games on the cot.

"What are you guys doing? "He voiced his question.

"Ey em ledu mama nidra pattadamledu anduke ela time pass chestunam. Idea mataram Jaggu de!" Replied Krishna

("Nothing much bro, we were not sleepy so we are playing board games as time pass. Credit goes to Jaggu's for this amazing idea!")

"Adaratri 1 gantaki board games adutunara?! Adi deyalalaga! Nijam cheppandi, nidra endukuravatamledu?" Demanded Varun.

("It's 1'o'clock in midnight and you guys are playing board games?! That too like ghosts! Tell me the truth, why aren't you all sleepy?" Demanded Varun. )

"Varun....that..." shuddered Krishna

"Is it because of Vasanta Mandiram?" Prompted Varun

"Are you scared too?!"

"Krishna, you and Varun are really chickens!" Said Jaggu.

"Aren't you scared Jaggu?" Krishna asked her.

"No, I'm not. Remember that I had spent one day alone there and Varun-"

"Came to your rescue. We all know that, spare it for now" ordered Apsara.

"Apsara asalu nikem telusu maa badalu. Varun aroju edo flow lo ala velladu kani repati gurinchi talluchukunte asalu" Krishna spoke with fear lacing in his voice.

("Apsara ,what do you know about our struggles? Varun just went with the flow and the fear of losing Jaggu... that day... but if I just think about tomorrow..." Krishna spoke with fear lacing in his voice.)