The Horseman Of Death

"The fourth and final horseman is named Death. Known as "the pale rider", of all the riders, he is the only one to whom the text itself explicitly gives a name. Unlike the other three, he is not described carrying a weapon or other object, instead he is followed by Hades (the resting place of the dead). However, illustrations commonly depict him carrying a scythe (like the Grim Reaper), sword, or other implement."

Cloe shook her head and closed the page on the internet on her laptop. "What a load of crap. Everyone knows Death carries an axe that glows before he attacks." She looked up at Corbin and sighed.

"I don't know about that kiddo. How come you're looking into this stuff?" Corbin looked at her with a raised eyebrow.

Cloe shrugged and closed her laptop, standing up and picking up her jacket off the back of her chair. "Just seemed interested, that's all."

"I'll see you later. Maybe for coffee and ice cream as usual?" Cloe smiled before hugging him and pecking his cheek.

Corbin nodded and ruffled her hair. "Always. Get out of here and do some work." He teased, pushing her out of his office with a laugh.

~~~Later~~~

Cloe looked around as she walked up to the barn where the horses where getting unsettled, holding a small torch in one hand and her gun in the other. Before she could walk in an axe came through the wood of the barn door and she jumped back, frightened.

Gathering up her nerve as the animals inside were getting more restless and unsettled, she opened the barn door and froze, seeing her partner on the ground with his head severed off.

"No.. Corbin!" Cloe choked out, seeing his head a few feet away from his body. This was no normal killing.

Cloe picked up her radio and took a deep breath, leaning against a wall. "Officer down. I repeat, Sheriff Corbin is down!"