Comprimising the cooperation

It's been ten months. It's been 41 weeks. It's been 287 days; 6,888 hours; 413,280 seconds. Adding number after number as the days go on, time is uncontrollably winding downwards. It's been a while.

You decided you must go because compatibility was lacking in between us.  Despite the fact that it was the inevitable truth, it was also what made us similar. The ability to accept one another for who they are, without the expectance of some sort of compromise or drastically changing their personnel's. We had the strengths and the power to accept someone for who they were; we didn't need anyone to change. We were never able to come across a single flaw that had been so irate that we must change it.

Again, this method was problematic. Incapable of seeing the flaws of the significant other is the most bitter sweet scenario there is. Not relying on them to change your mistakes, fix your flaws, and make perfection out of your incorrect personality is impossible. Humanity makes us crave attention. Our everyday survival depends on attention. We rely on attention as the others direct a feeling of empathy towards us. A feeling of understandment. Understanding is necessary.. Thus, the breaking of a relationship; the breaking of a young girls heart.

Of course, the sudden change of heart was also a cause of the downfall. Sadness engulfed her own being as the downfall began. At the time, she would not have had the realization of it. Looking back at the memories and the times of rejoicing, she realizes the sudden change of his perception on life. His sudden dependency of unnatural substances just to get by daily. All the broken promises, all the lies.

"Can you help me get better?"

The words echo in her mind. The agreement that put her through absolute hell. He wanted to get better.  He wanted to get better.

Of course, only someone who's heart is made of stone would reject this cry for help. She said yes, with no second thoughts or any hesitation. She finally found a purpose in her life; to keep another's life out of harms way. Away from the demonic addiction that the substances give. She had found her purpose and the least she could do is make the attemption to fulfill it.

Things do go wrong. Not everything works out the way you plan it to. Life wouldn't be called life if it did.

Soon enough quitting your bad habits changes who you are. Multiple times you notice differences in their personality, but never do you stop yourself and ask..

Are they who I fell in love with?