Chapter 5

TRISH & ADAM

"I need your help finding Dad, Trish. Trust me, I don't wanna have to do this either. I mean, I was in the middle of my Dora the Explorer cosplay. I'm up to eight followers on TikTok, Trish!" Adam said.

"It's okay, bro. Of course I'll help you find Dad." Trish replied, placing a reassuring hand on her brother's shoulder, and looking into his eyes lovingly. He looked back into hers.

"I gotta go, Dean. You understand, right?" Trish looked at her beau.

"Yeah, I get it. Hey, you gotta do what you gotta do. I'll be fine, gingers always are." Dean chuckled, and grinned confidently.

Trish smiled at him, grazed his lips with hers, grabbed her things, and headed out with Adam.

•••

"The last I heard from Dad, he was heading to a case in Missouri. I think we should go there." Adam said in his weird accent that he had for some reason.

"Got it, let's go." Trish said, speeding up her Domino's car on the freeway.

•••
SAM & BURR

Back at the estate, after Dean and Trisha left, Sam was still angry at what had just happened. It was not okay for his brother to show up, threatening to kill Sam's husband. And after he hadn't even seen him in years.

"I'm sorry that just happened." Sam said apologetically to his husband. Burr calmly took a seat on the bench of their grand piano, and Sam took a seat on Burr's lap.

"I knew that he'd be coming for me eventually, my love. I'm just sorry you had to be in the room where it happened."

"I just wish Dean could see how great you are, just like I can." Sam said, placing the palm of his hand against Burr's firm chest.

"That's okay, Sam. You are all I need." Burr looked in his eyes lovingly and smiled gently.

"I won't ever let him hurt you. Never. I swear!" Sam exclaimed. "If he EVER tries anything again..."

"Shh, my dear Sam. It's all okay." Burr placed his head on Sam's chest to settle him down.

•••

DEAN

Dean checked out of the motel, and sat in the parking lot in the front seat of his Impala, skimming an online news source for possible cases. His red hair glistened in the sun. He felt a lack of closure from the previous night's crazy events, but he figured he should probably get back to hunting.

Eventually Dean found what seemed like a ghost problem, and he drove off.