alex

The night is early, but the day was long. I am 19 and this is my first night by myself in MY apartment. I had friends help me move in today and I am almost finished but the rest can wait till tomorrow, I am exhausted and about to drop.

There's a banging on the door someone angrily yelling at the doors "open up you bitch I know you are in there " he's banging on the door relentlessly. 

I can feel my stomach drop, I run to my bedroom closet sit down on the floor and shut the door. I have my phone in my pocket and I pull it out and call gage. Gage is my best friend and knows about the monster. 

Gage answers the phone.

I say nearly in tears " he's at my house,  how did he find me? How did he know? He sounds like he's drunk or high I need you here now."

Gages voice so calming responds to my cry" I'll be there in five minutes, I'm already on my way."

"Gage?"

"You'll be fine,  I am on my way. Just listen to the words I'm saying. Can you do that? "

"Ok.."

"He's not inside right?"

"No, he's outside but he sounds angry and he might break the door.."

" your safe alex, I am pulling in and the police are right behind me. "

A tear escapes my face, and I exhale and close my eye's.  My knees are pulled into my chest and I am behind boxes,  I am whispering in to the phone and have so many thoughts.

" alex?"

I hear his voice wake me from my dark thoughts. The banging stopped but then I hear the door open, I close my eyes drop the phone and curl up and pull my knees in as much as I can my head rests on my knees,I can't let myself cry so I wipe away my last tear and decided that now I had to start hiding my pain again.  Footprints get closer and I flinch when I hear the door open. 

"Alex."

Its gage. I breathe he looks at me and I can't help but feel ashamed of my cowardliness, and fear. He sits on the floor and crawls in to the closet looks at the officer walking in to the room and nods and the officer leaves. My head still down resting in my knees, he reachs his arm out and holds my hand. 

"He knows were I live, he was at my door."

" He's high and he is going to be arrested for possession and harassment." 

I'm silent. I thought he was going to kill me or do worse.. I wonder if everyone else is ok. I pick my phone up and call maddy. 
Gage takes my phone and hangs up, I give him a dusterbed look. 

" I called everyone there fine and I didn't tell them that he was here because I thought that should be up to you."

He is my best friend,  and takes such great care of me he has since she was taken...