╰➤ 𝟬𝟭 ೃ

ch 01; grimoire ceremony

  ──────

ʏ/ɴ's ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘸𝘦𝘭𝘤𝘰𝘮𝘦 𝘰𝘯𝘦 𝘢𝘯𝘥 𝘢𝘭𝘭..

'maybe once I receive my grimoire, I'll learn more about my magic." I thought, while entering the tower hesitantly.

"hey, look over there. pretty pathetic isn't it? they shouldn't have to give grimoires to dregs like that" a brown-haired person said. "you said it," a blonde one said.

"don't tell me they're actually planning on taking the magic knight's entrance exam too. only nobles born with immense magical power or ties to royal families could even dream to get in. besides, I heard that short-stack can't even use magic."

"wow...then we need to take good care of him. he's like a national treasure since he's probably the only one in the whole kingdom who can't use magic."

'just because they're a peasant or can't use magic doesn't mean they can't become a magic knight.'

"welcome, one and all. You all begin a new journey as of today. i wish you all faith, hope, and love. i am the master of this grimoire tower. we've never had a wizard king from this area nor anyone who's actually achieved greatness in the magic knights. i sincerely hope that one of you will become the wizard king someday."

i grinned. 'This is the first step of my new journey.'

"No, really. Seriously!" The master yelled suddenly. "Ahem..now it is time for the awarding of the grimoires!"

Once those words were spoken, grimoires started flying everywhere. All different shapes, colors, and sizes. It's absolutely majestic.

The two males who were speaking earlier had received their grimoires as well.

"We'll be taking the magic knights entrance exam in six months. We'll be sure to get in" One of them said proudly.

The crowd were amazed and eventually started clapping. Even the master was impressed.

"Um..my grimoire isn't coming." I tilted my head towards the person and saw an ash-blond kneeling with his hands raised.

The master held a confused expression on his face. "Er..try again next year.."

"What?!" He exclaimed.

Everyone started laughing at him.

I felt bad, but even if I say something it might just make things worse.

Suddenly a beam of light filled the room and a grimoire was floating towards the person next to him.

"A..it's a four leaf clover!" My eyes widened.