╰➤ 𝟬𝟮 ೃ

ch 02; magic knights' entrance exam

──────

ꜱᴇᴄᴏɴᴅ ᴘᴏᴠ

𝘺𝘰𝘶𝘳 𝘯𝘶𝘮𝘣𝘦𝘳 𝘪𝘴...❜

many had wished for the contestants' success before you entered, sure it was for their sake, but it still made you pumped up. your journey, as well as others are just beginning at the brink of this moment.

"is this really a grimoire? it's really filthy." you heard the person registering contestants say to the person in front of you. "of course it is! see!"

you blinked in confusion before realizing the person in front of you was asta. you smiled at the chance of seeing him again. a flashback of the events that happened six months ago went through your head. it was still very astonishing, as if it happened just yesterday.

"all right, all right." the man placed his hand on his grimoire and then said. "you're number 165"

"got it!" asta ran off excitedly. "next.."

"hi, i'm y/n from hage village." you grinned. "another one from hage...may i see your grimoire?"

"sure!" you handed it to him. "a-another FOUR LEAF?!" he gasped. "you're number 166." he muttered. "thank you!!" you waved, while trying to find out where asta went.

"what the hell are these BIRDS?!" a person said. "these are the infamous anti-birds of the exam venue." another answered. "really? these things??"

"the weaker your magical power, the more these guys flock towards you."

"little pests..." someone whined. "hey, look at those two. none of the birds are going towards them."

"hey, it's those two from earlier!"

"from earlier?"

"they're from the remote village called hage, yet they both have four leaf grimoires."

"ehhh? four leafs seriously?!"

you presumed that the other four leaf must of been yuno, just when you were about to approach him you heard a yell you knew all too well at this point.

asta was covered from head to toe with the anti-magic birds.

"one of us is going to become the wizard king. our legend's start now, yuno!" he said despite being constrained by the infamous birds.

some people who heard what he said were in shock. while others just laughed and shrugged his comment off.

"i'm gonna show you how much i've grown in six months! OW, OW, OW ,OW!!" he groaned, while running in circles, trying to shake them off.