the letter

Lorenzo loved Aura.

Could it be any more obvious?

The boy had been falling for her ever since he first laid eyes on hers.

The girl knew she loved him, but as always, she pushed those feelings back. Even though the books she read through displayed hopeful tales of romances, she never thought she would have that with her best friend.

The boy she could joke around with.

The boy she would talk about all this with.

Now, who was she supposed to talk too? Onyx, Sure. Hermione, sure.

But Lorenzo Charles Berkshire was different.

If Lorenzo had to die to show half of the emotion and love he had for Aura.... he would do it in a heartbeat.

No hesitation.

Here's the thing about Aurora Spade.

Her family life is pretty... complicated. She's never really had a father figure in her life, yet alone know who her father really was. Her mother had never really been there for her either, stuck at a bar or selling products illegally, and to be honest the people who raised her were her closest company today.

Aurora has always found reading her 'escape from reality', when her mother would come home drugged and she would find herself in her bed, stomach empty, and a book in her hands.

Until obviously one day a letter appeared in her mailbox.

It was extremely tempting.

But you know what happened after.

Her mother used to tell her, 'Stop reading that stupid shit, and find yourself a job. You might only be 11 but the real world isnt that far from today."

And she would always reply with nothing but think, I'm sorry you didn't have the same magic inside you as me."

Little did she know that she actually had magic inside her.

"Stay away from those dirty romances, Aura, they are not real. You know what happened between me and your father!"

Aura let her mothers words go through her head like blood.

She wouldn't truly listen.

But some things never change.

And the same ideas her mother had of romance and 'love' were stuck inside her head like tattoos that could never be removed.

They could only ever be stretched out to an extent where they shrivel up and break.

And then, finally, those feelings and ideas and prompts would change.

But would she?

I mean, would she die for him?

Aurora Spade

"Pass me the orange juice, please."

"You're right next to me." I snickered at Axel, who by now had gotten used to all of us. It had been one week since he had come, and I guess I can say we've gotten pretty close. He was almost like Onyx.

Which was interesting to see them interact.

"Here." I handed him the pitcher of orange juice and felt a hand on my thigh.

Lorenzo.

We hadn't really hung out all week, since Axel had insisted on me giving him a tour on Hogwarts every single day. The dungeons, the secret corridors that led to secret rooms, the library, the dungeon again.