Coldness & Affection

Might seem like things are getting better.

are they?

+++

A week.... or more later ....

My eyes were closed, like usual, with that stupid blindfold. I couldn't see anything if I even fucking tried to. But I could tell Bellatrix and Axel were fighting. A one-sided fight. Axel was angry, frustrated by the sound of it, and Bellatrix just wanted amusement. I could use some amusement right now too.

Thinking about Onyx's humor, I attempted to apparate once again. Didn't work, obviously. I don't understand why I can't just accept the fact that I can't do magic down here. They have me restricted to my abilities.

It had been 3 days.

No, 4.

Actually, I think it's been a week.

No wait, 6 days.

They haven't really fed me a lot, and my stomach continues to ache for a piece of anything.

This morning.. or was it last night... they gave me soup.

It was horrible.

Cold, bland and basically just water. I think Bellatrix took a cup of water and dumped some pepper and salt in it and rushed it down my throat.

Apart from the horrible food, my hand was still burning from the pain. I had blocked the pain out, ignored it. But it was still there. And once I found myself focusing on it, I couldn't take myself out of it. I had cuts all over me. My back, my chest, my legs, my arms, my neck, my hands and wrists. Seemed like Bellatrix liked wrists.

Putting my fingers over the large gash of my hand, and wincing, though noone could tell- I thought.

I can't believe I haven't found a way out of this yet. I can't believe noone's gotten me out of this yet. How has no one wondered where I am? Harry, Ron, Hermione? Onyx and Blaise? Two of my best friends?

I knew Onyx was waiting on a letter, and soon enough she would send a letter to the ministry in my favor. I didn't want a search team. Was I this weak that I couldn't escape by myself?

Did I always need backup to help me?

I quickly calmed my face, I could hear large boots clashing on the floors. "Open your eyes."

I was about to respond with, "I don't know if you've noticed, Axel, But I have a bloody blindfold on," But I couldn't in time, he had already snatched off my blindfold.

I examined his shadow and rolled my eyes, hoping that somehow he could see, "What do you want?"

I didn't know his expression in the dark. Did he finally get the guts to kill me? "Shut the fuck up, and don't make a sound."

I watched as he walked behind me, and I didn't hear anything else. I felt the ropes around my wrists loosen up, and my eyes widened. He was going to help me escape?

"What are you doing-"

"Did you not hear me?"

I shut my mouth and let him take off the ropes. Once my wrists were back to my ownership, I leaned down and unraveled the cuffs around my ankles. Those were hard, though.

"Let me help, for fuck's sake," he muttered, and I let him take them off.

I waited for them to be done then stood up and caught my balance. I realized who was behind me. I could see his face right now, and I didn't know what to say.