Chapter 1: Floaties

"Sooooooo...." Crookedstar said, his eyes blazing with his never-ending anger, his current bewilderment, and his thirst for bloo— almond croissants. "you want to be a RiverClan Warrior huh? You think you've got what it takes?"
He sat atop a large rock slick with river water and slimy moss and was constantly having to stop himself from sliding backwards into the river below. It was ironically called 'The Totally not Slippery Rock' and Crookedstar hated it with a burning passion.
"Uuuuuuuummm, I think so?" Greystripe said and tried to put on his best 'I'm definitely not so scared to death I want to poop my nonexistent pants' face. "I mean I can't swim so I might have to use floaties-"
He was cut off by a chorus of gasps from the RiverClan cats that had been inching closer to hear what was going on.
"Did he just say what I think he said?!"
Said a brown tom in a horrified whisper.
"How dare he utter the devil's name!" growled Stonefur.
There were a few terrified screams from the nursery queens and Featherkit began to cry.
"Wha?" Graystripe said.
"Here in RiverClan we curse all floaties! Do you want to know why?" Mistyfoot said dramatically.
Graystripe nodded.
"Well guess what! WEee actually don't know exactly why....." she trailed off awkwardly. "BUT WE STILL SET THEM ON FIRE!!!" she added regaining her fury.
She pointed to where two RiverClan kits were tossing boxes labeled 'Floaties' onto a steadily growing fire and laughing maniacally. Stormkit's eyes widened and he began to walk towards the flames but Graystripe pulled him back towards him and sobbing Featherkit.
"And if you want to stay here you have to swear to never say that word ever again!" said Leopardfur and she glared at Mistyfoot.
"Swear to never say it again and we shall let you in to RiverClan!!" Crookedstar said firmly.
"Oh ok uuuh..... I swear on the name of waffles I shall never utter this word of evilisity again!" Graystripe said as calmly as he could.
"Ok, you're in!" Crookedstar said with a suddenly cheerful tone. "Welcome to RiverClan!"