Chapter 2

Chapter 2
Creamkits blue eyes were wide as she stepped out of the safety of the nursery for the first time. She let her claws flex in the sand that covered her clans camp ground.

There were full sized cats sunbathing in the middle of the sandy clearing. Behind them was a massive rock wall with cracks and openings that led to various dens and tunnels. Directly across from the nursery, was a large pile of fallen rocks, with a flat rock jutting out over the clearing.

"That's where Slatestar sits to address the clan" Lilystep meowed softly to Creamkit, watching her bewildered expression with a purr of amusement

"Wow..It's so big." The she-cat meowed, turning to look back at her mother. As soon as she did, Stonekit came barreling out of the nursery and tackled her. The kits rolled in the sand before Stonekit pinned Creamkit on her belly.

"Ha! I got you!" He proclaimed.

"That's not fair! I wasn't ready! Get off!" Creamkit squirmed under him.

"No. Say I got you!" Stonekit ordered with a giggle.

Creamkit sighed and whispered something under her breath.

"What?" The grey kit leaned down. As soon as he did, Creamkit bucked up and knocked her head against his, twisting him over and pinning him down.

"I said 'I got you!'" she laughed. Stonekit was whimpering and looked less than happy.

"What?" Creamkit frowned and got off him.

"I bit my tongue." The tom huffed with misty eyes. "You hit my jaw with your head!"

"Oh. I'm sorry." Creamkit dropped her ears, "I was just playing. Cmon." She rubbed on him "let's go to Bluegazes den." She frowned, feeling a pang of guilt.

"I don't want to go in there" Stonekit shook his head, sitting up and wiping his paw over his mouth. "Ivyshine is always in there now and she gets mad if I visit Pebblekit too much."

"But this is a serious battle injury! You could lose your tongue!" Creamkit objected.

Stonekits eyes got big "really?" His yellow gaze flicked uncertainly from Creamkit to the medicine den. "...Okay. Lets go" he agreed finally.

Creamkit padded back over to her mother "Lilystep, were gonna go to the medicene cat den to get Stonekit treated for his battle injury"

"Mhm..." Lilystep chuckled, giving the two a nod. She had been watching the whole time. The two kits raced off, the nursery being next to the medicine den. They had visited it a few times to see Pebblekit, who had seldom seen outside the den.

Creamkit was the first to get into the cracked wall that lead to the medicine den.

Inside was several flat landings of rock, with an opening at the top of the cave where light came in. Herbs grew there at the very top and were stored just below, high up so that even in the heaviest of floods, the stores would stay dry.
On a lower slab of rocks was Ivyshine. She was laying on her side, a little multi colored speckled furred kit at her belly. Despite being the same age as Stonekit, Pebblekit was smaller than Creamkit.

"Stonekit" Pebblekit lifted his head, smiling widely as he saw his brother pad inside.

"I told you several times your brother needs rest!" Ivyshine scolded before the grey kit could even come in the entire way.

"He has an injury" Creamkit objected to the queen, puffing her chest up as Stonekit hid behind her. Ivyshines eyes narrowed. She glanced at her son, her face unsympathetic as she muttered "well alright then"