idk what to call this but read it

so i got a jimi hendrix poster today!!!!!  

mr. hendrix has been one of my 60s rock idols for the longest time, so I decided to get a poster of him! i originally wanted a poster where it was just him, but my dad didn't like it because he was smoking a joint in that one. but this one of axis: bold as love is beautiful!!!!!

but my parents weren't too fond of this one, because of the artwork. it has hindu imagery on it, which has made the artwork controversial since axis: bold as love's release back in 1967. my family is christian, but personally i'm agnostic (which means i don't believe we can ever prove there's a god and/or gods). 

whenever my dad see's something that has some sort of religious imagery or saying that isn't christian, for example, hindu, he says it's... evil (WHICH IS NOT TRUE BY ANY MEANS!!!!!) 

my dad's the type of christian that doesn't really like other religions, because when i asked him why he thought the poster was evil, he said it's because hindu gods are on it, and "there's only one god" (his exact words). 

i personally don't care of you're an athiest, buddhist, catholic, muslim, or any other religion, race, sexuality or gender. if you're a cool person to be around and talk to, i'll be your friend. 

anyways back to the poster. after he said he didn't like that it has hindu imagery on it, i was defending the artwork by saying there's nothing wrong with other religions and that people can and should be able to believe whatever they want. and then my fucking mom stepped in and said, "well what dad's trying to say is that he doesn't want you to promote this" ('this' meaning hinduism). 

ummmmm... what????? 

i'm not promoting hinduism, i'm promoting/showing my love for one of my favorite rockers... not that promoting a religion is wrong, because doing so isn't, but does she think i parade around my school giving people flyers about different religions?????

i love my parents, but i think they should open their minds and learn that being any religion other than christianity is okay! i already suspect they're homophobic/transphobic, so this doesn't add anything good to my image of them (especially since i'm lgbtq+). 

i'm just glad my dad agreed to let me get the poster, even though i know he hates the fact it's hung up in my room. 

xoxo, kennedy <3