Chapter 5

Emery

After I got Morgan calmed down I began getting dressed for the party. I decided on a tan wrapped, bodycon dress and a pair of glittery, shimmery pumps. I laid it all out on my bed before I went into my bathroom to take a shower. The conversation that Morgan and I had had was weighing heavily on my mind. When I got out of the shower I could hear Jaylon come into the apartment and lock the front door. I grabbed one of my large, fluffy towels and wrapped it around my body before I ran to my bedroom door.

"Jaylon!" I screamed for her to come into my room. We needed to have a serious talk. She was my girl but she had to know that she just couldn't go around hugging on other peoples' boyfriends. We were extremely too far away from home to be doing some shit that some folks would kill people over.

"What?" she asked, sticking her head into the door.

"Come in. We gotta talk."

"About?" She came in and sat at the end of my bed waiting for me to begin.

"Morgan and Justin got into it and it's your fault!"

"Me? What did I do?" She asked as if she was completely oblivious to the fact that she was around her roommate's boyfriend in practically no clothes.

"Why were you in there hugged up with him?"

"It wasn't anything like that," she responded nonchalantly.

"You both keep sayin' that but neither of you are explaining why it happened in the first place!"

"Oh, so you're on her side!?"

"I'm not on any side. I'm all for the right side. You can't just be huggin' all on other girls' boyfriends."

"I was talkin' to him about T, and I got in my feelin's just a little bit," she admitted.

"What happened between y'all?"

"I've just been hearing stuff that's been goin' on and bein' said back home."

"Well wha--"

"I don't wanna talk about it," she said quickly, cutting me off.

".......okay. I don't really care anywa," I screamed at her with a lot of attitude in my voice.

"You know what Emery? I'm just gonna leave before you fully piss me off." She stood up from the bed and started walking towards my bedroom door.

"Bye," I responded nonchalantly then slammed the door behind her.

***

Morgan

"What the fuck!? How could this happen?" This mothafucka did not just ask that damn question.

"Nigga," I just had to pause and look at his ass like he was stupid for a minute because he was sure acting like it, "really?"

"Hell yeah!" I could tell that he was extremely upset. He looked really nervous.

"We have sex. Unprotected sex at that Justin, and my period's been late."

"Why are you just now telling me this?"

"Because it just dawned on me a few days ago. I'm not 100% certain that I am. I'm just a little skeptical. I've been stressin' too so that could be a factor."

"Damn, damn, damn, damn, DAMN!" he exclaimed before jumping up from the bed and pacing the floor quickly."

"Jay, calm the fuck down! I said I'm not sure!"

"What are we gone do? What am I gone do!?"

"What do you mean! I thought we were in this together Justin!"