Chapter 7

Emery

Two Months Later....

After two months, school had gotten better for me. I was passing all my classes with As, I was passing my midterms, and my friendship with Morgan was really prospering, whereas I felt like the friendship that I'd had with Jaylon for years was dying. She was hardly ever around to hang out and she'd picked up  not so good group of new friends.

"You wanna come with me to the grocery store?" I asked Morgan as I grabbed my keys from the kitchen counter and slipped on my Nike slides beside the front door. She was sitting at the bar texting someone. I'm not the nosey type so of course I didn't look to see who.

"Sure," she sighed. She had a slight frown on her face and she seemed to be bothered by something.

During the ride to the small, grocery market about twenty minutes from our neighborhood, the car was silent except for the speakers that were bumping the music from my cellphone through the auxiliary port. Morgan was still texting, now typing in letters with her fingers in a fast and angry manner. I'd told myself that I would check on her when the music stopped and my phone vibrated, indicating that I was receiving a call. My baby. We weren't "exclusive" yet, but we didn't go a day without speaking or texting, we went out to eat at least once a week, and I attended every single one of his basketball games.

"Hello?"

"Hey E," he answered in a down tone.

"Hey Z," I mocked his tone.

"What you doin'?"

"Me and Morgan are on our way to the store."

"Which one?"

"The little grocery store beside the pharmacy."

"Alright. I'm out right now, so I'll meet y'all there."

"Okay."

"Bye."

I ended the call just as I was pulling into the small parking lot of the grocery store. I reached into the backseat and grabbed my purse then unplugged my cellphone, tossing it inside. I pressed the button to dead the engine then opened my door and stepped out. Morgan got out of the car as well. She was still in what seemed like a bitchy mood.

Once inside the store, I grabbed a shopping cart beside the door and headed for the grocery side of the store while Morgan headed in a different direction.

I was only going to be staying in the apartment for another week or so because Thanksgiving was coming up and I'd be traveling back home to spend some time with my family for the holiday; therefore, I only needed a few things to snack on when I wasn't busy in class.

I was standing up on my tippy toes reaching for the last cup of Kraft Mac 'n Cheese on the very top shelf. I was struggling, but I could feel it scooting closer towards me every time I pushed it with my fingertips. Then out of nowhere a large, tall figure appeared behind me and grabbed the plastic container, from the shelf, with ease.

I could tell by the scent of his cologne just who it was. Zach. I turned around to see his beautiful smile gleaming down on me. He wrapped his arms around my waist and placed a quick peck on my lips causing my skin to be covered in goosebumps and a large smile to spread across my face. Whenever I was around him, I couldn't stop myself from smiling. I was just so happy with him.

"Hey Zach."

"Wassup E." His deep baritone voice alone was enough to make any woman's panties soak. He was everything. He stared into my eyes as he rubbed his hand across my lower back. I could feel my nipples hardening and my heart beating faster.