001

𝐂𝐋𝐀𝐒𝐒 𝟏-𝐀

And I need to know, would you let it die or grow?

The h/c-haired girl pulled the hem of her dark green skirt as low as she could as she sank even lower in her seat in hopes to vanish from the scene and find the comfort of her bed

However, soon realizing there really was no way out of the classroom, she sighed in defeat, accepted her fate, sat up and took in the chaos taking place in the hero course's class. One overly loud kid with glasses was already reprimanding another while the other yelled back even louder at him. Some blond boy who was completely oblivious to the conflict had even started performing some weird gymnastics on his table. It was merely the first day of school and her eardrums and the rest of her sanity had already signed retreat.

Maybe being homeschooled wasn't that bad after all. If her mother had told her she was going to have to endure harsh quirk training for years to get into U.A, just to find herself in a class with kids who oozed everything but heroism, she wouldn't even have gone through the trouble of running away from her home.

This is going to be a long year, she sighed, dropping her head aggressively on her seat.

If only she hadn't lost her earphones the night before, the auditory torture her classmates were giving her would've been just a tad more bearable, but she had been doomed right from the start. She had thought that losing her earphones, wasn't that bad, that she wouldn't really have time for it but, she was wrong....no music, just meant a bad day was ahead.

The sound of the girl's head hitting the table made the class go abruptly silent as all their heads turned in the direction of the only person who had stayed silent all that while and who was still having a hard time adjusting her skirt. Realizing, the room had suddenly become weirdly silent, she first felt a sense of contentment as if her wishes for some sort of calm had been answered. Then that feeling quickly disappeared when she looked up from her table and met the numerous pairs of puzzled and curious eyes of her new classmates glued on her.

Quick enough, the dark blue-haired boy who had been playing 'saint vs devil' with the other rowdy boy who had hair shaped like a porcupine, walked over to her at a confident pace, hands rapidly chopping the...air? "Hello, I'm Tenya Iida and you are?"

And you are? She repeated the question millions of times in her head as her heart thumped nervously in her chest. Her aunt hadn't mentioned presentations in the survival plan they had elaborated for her first day at U.A and the insisting stares shot at her by the group of teenagers weren't helping either. 

Now that she thought about it, finding a way to introduce herself on the first day might have been more primordial than spending a whole night debating on which pair of shoes would look best with her uniform.

But hey, if she ever came to not survive her first day, after all, at least she would be buried with her brand-new (f/c) platform loafers.

Do they want my name?