Chapter 16

Tamir~

"What the fuck?" I said after Nalila told me everything that had happened. "So after I left from seeing you and Ny in Dallas, Reba started acting crazy?" I asked. Nalila rubbed her face, slightly wet with oil and drying tears. "Well, I kind of spoke to Reba via phone, but only cause she wanted to get crazy wit me initially."

"What did Nyahmi do?" I asked gently, laying my hand affectionately on my friend's knee as she poured her heart out to me. "She wanted me to give Reba a chance and to understand that she's going through a lot."

"Almost anybody that's an adult- I guarantee like 58% of adults have been through something traumatic or life changing. If she doesn't know how to handle pain or disarray or whatever the fuck then somebody needa yeet ha ass," I said angrily.

"Ta-mir, don't say dat," Nalila said, looking at me with a saddened face. I rolled my eyes and fell back in the couch. "Had me thinking she had beat you up or sumin. Had me rushin over here," I complained, rubbing my own face.

"I wish she-...." Nalila just shook her head.

I looked around when I heard Nalila's phone ringing. "Hey, you talked to Kaila?" I asked out of the blue, looking for the phone. Nalila sighed, holding her face in one hand. "I forgot about her honestly. We needa link up, she seemed chill. I might need her to come wit me when I jump Reba," she said casually.

"Nalila, don't say dat," I said in a sing songy voice.

I picked up her phone just in time. "It's Ny," I answered for Nalila and handed it over to her. She forced out a glare. "Hey babe," she said sweetly.

I had to look Nalila up and down. For some reason I forget that she's a stem sometimes. Why did her voice sound so sexy? My mind drifted back to Kaila when I thought "sexy". I'd have to get Kaila's number out of my friend's phone.

I heard Nalila hang up and she huffed. "Come up with me to Dallas?" she asked hopefully. "Nalila, I haven't had some good pussy in a minute and I also have a job. I can't just be up and goin like that-

"I knowwww, but just this one time," she begged. "Why are we going?" I gave in, pulling out the clothes for me to change into.

"Causeeee, Nyahmi is bringing Reba to her place. She's coming down from Dallas to pick her up cause apparently shorty den got laid off. Reba doesn't know we're gonna be there."

"I'm sure Ny will tell her," I rolled my eyes, pulling out my deodorant. "She's loyal to me now," Nalila said seriously, and I looked up to see her eyes far away.

"Well..." I tried to find the right words to say, "if Nyahmi is coming down to Houston to pick Reba up, then....why are we all going back to Dallas. Why doesn't she come down to where the majority of us is so y'all can have y'all's conversation."

"I don't know why, maybe it's for a good reason. But I can guarantee one motherfucking thing," Nalila stated, "when I see Reba my fists is gonna be the only things talking."

"Not da personification. You still won't tell me what she said to you?" I prompted, looking at my friend.

"I don't want to talk about it," she said tightly.

"Well, I gotta call in to Dyondra. But ima start getting ready. Will they just call when they're back in Dallas?" I asked. "I don't know," Nalila grunted. "You get ready first," she waved her hand towards her room. "I'll make breakfast."

I nodded and quietly moved my things to her bathroom. After I was all washed up, I came out to some spinach eggs and English muffins with a side of bacon and a cup of orange juice.

Nalila turned off the burners with a click and placed her plate in the microwave to sit while she got ready. She stopped in front of me before she went into her room. I looked up from the sandwich I created out of my breakfast. "You know, I appreciate all you do, Tamir."

"Thank you" was coming out of my mouth as she leaned down and kissed me softly on the lips. I blushed under the force of her lips and she pulled back. I looked away from her eyes as she continued walking. What did that kiss even mean? And why would she do this before she went and saw Nyahmi?

The bedroom door closed behind her.