Chapter 28

Tamir~

"How is Reba?" I asked the cop who came into my room. "When I last went in there she was throwing up. She isn't doing so hot right now. I think it was the stomach. She may be in shock," he told me. "I'm Todd by the way," he held out his hand to me. I shook it, sending him a soft smile. "You remind me so much of my daughter. You have a pretty smile."

"Thank you sir," I said politely, trying not to frown. The other officer stepped in and I grew nervous. "Todd, the nurse is calling back for you. We need some help with the resisting she's doing," he said.

"Reba?" I asked him.

He looked like he wasn't going to answer but instead nodded. "Yes, I think she's just stressed." Todd left the room with a final wave to me. I grabbed my phone and started typing. I needed to note everything Nyahmi had done. I stopped. No, this probably looks suspicious. I just have to piece together everything she did though. All the drama with Nalila and Kaila seems so faraway now compared to everything that's happened recently.

I can't believe that my own friend was abusing Ny though. No matter how bad a person is, they've been kind at some point in their lives. I hugged myself, laying down in the sturdy bed.

I was about to relax in a dreamless sleep when I realized something. I pressed the nurse button, hoping that I wasn't being foolish and that I wasn't bothering anyone. Hopefully they already knew this information.

"Are you alright, Ms. Rouleaux?" It was a different nurse than Reba's of course. I don't know why I somehow expected the same lady.

"Um, my friend. She was poisoned at the lodge." The nurse looked at me curiously. I shook my head, of course she didn't know what I was talking about. I explained everything to her and she gasped. She rushed out of the room and I wished that I could follow.

I hate feeling useless.

I heard someone loudly entering a room not too far from mine on the left of me. That must be where Reba is. I heard the nurse telling someone about Reba's condition. Gosh, I didn't want to look stupid if I was wrong and they knew about the poison but I also wanted...

I can't think straight. I looked at my IV like it was the cause. I welcomed the sleep. I'd know what I needed to when I needed to. I fell asleep comfortably. Reba loved me anyways. That's all that matters. I slept with a small smile.

"Ms. Rouleaux."

I turned my head not wanting to get up. "It's time for you to be discharged. Unless you would like to stay?" My eyes slowly opened and adjusted to the harsh hospital lights. "How long has it been?" I asked, sighing as I sat up. Yesterday I had asked the same question.

"Two weeks," she informed me.

"Today is what? Monday?"

"Saturday. Should I get a brain scan, that math was off," my nurse joked. She was so kind compared to the nurse Reba complained was always annoyed with her.

"Ima miss you so much Nurse Emma."

"Don't be back," she warned, patting my head. I beamed up at her. She was such a nice lady. Mid forties, a few grey hairs, polite smile.

"Reba is waiting in the lobby for you."

"She gets to leave too?" I said with a large smile. Nobody thought she would recover in time to be discharged alongside me. I had Dyondra to come pick us up since I didn't have any friends I talked with on a regular to come pick me up.

"Yes, I'll let you get dressed. I'll get your papers and things together."

I mumbled a "thank you" and got myself together to see Reba for the first time out of the hospital. I wanted to look pretty. It was hard seeing her so sick, I had stopped visiting her when she was throwing up a lot. I wonder if she's changed her mind about loving me. After all, we haven't even had time to like each other. I only like her, my feelings aren't at that same level.