Chapter 24

"Roux!" Ryan pounds on her door.

She has stayed two nights already and now her boyfriend has come to our doorstep to apologize to her and Ryan slammed the door on his face. I think Ryan's madder at the fact that her boyfriend knows where we live.

"Roux!" He yells again.

She opens the door and her eyes are puffy. Suddenly Ryan's green eyes soften.

"Get ready. Cassandra wants a girl's day with you and Caroline." He mutters and gives me a side glance.

I smirk at him because that's totally not what he was here for, but I recover soon when Roux looks at me, I smile and give her a nod.

"Caroline's coming too?" She asks and I nod. She smiles brightly and sighs, "Okay, just give me 30 minutes."

Ryan frowns, "30 minutes? It shouldn't take-"

"Ry." I walk forward and grab his arm, "Come on." I hug his arm as I make him walk to the living room with me.

I sit on the couch pulling his arm down so he sits next to me. I grab his face in my hands.

"Don't worry, Ry. I'll take her shopping and we're gonna have a blast." I kiss his lips and he lays down on my lap and buries his face on my stomach.

I see him stress over his sister and I know he wants to kick her out so we have more and time to ourselves, but Roux is heartbroken. I see it in his face, every time he wants to tell her, he can't. She's his baby sister and he cares for her. Plus, she feels like she has no one, but us right now and we need to cherish that.

Caroline comes into view with jeans and an oversized knit sweater that I seem to know that she's fond of. She has a book in her hands. She flushes slightly when she sees me and Ry.

"Sorry. I'll just read somewhere else." She says shyly.

"Wait. Caroline." I call out and she turns to me again. "I'm taking Roux shopping and I told her you were coming. She was really happy about that."

Caroline stays quiet, she seems pensive. 

Roux and Caroline have really hit it off in the two days they've known each other. Ryan pulls back slightly, not enough to turn around and look at her, but enough to talk without his voice being muffled with my stomach.

"You have to go, Caroline. I'll pay for everything. Deny my offer and you're fired." Ryan says sternly before he buries his face in my stomach again, only this time his hand finds my lower back and his hand goes under my shirt making me shiver. I run my fingers through his soft hair and he sighs.

Caroline shakes her head smiling. "Okay, I'll be in the kitchen."

Ryan pulls back again, but to look at my face, "Tell me you'll miss me." 

He pouts and I have to chuckle.

He's being cute and I love it when he wants to be coddled. I love coddling him, I can be needy and he won't care.

"I'll miss you." I smile as I play with his hair.

I can feel the stress radiating off of him. He closes his eyes as he kisses my stomach and nuzzles it again.

"I'm ready." Roux says as she enters the living room.

Something flashes in her eyes as she sees Ryan and me but quickly recovers. She looks down and I remember that she just got out of a bad breakup.

"Caroline's in the kitchen, I'll meet you two in a minute." I tell her and she nods, walking out to the kitchen.

Ryan sits up making me feel empty and needing him closer.