Chapter: 8

**just so you know this chapter does start to mention self-harm so yeah just letting you know**

**Dans POV**

It's been forever. At least it feels like forever since Id brought a blade to my wrist. Let the emotional pain fade away. Take over my mind make me feel okay. Moments of numbness. (A/N this is getting a little hard for me to write okay wow but I must continue) After I made quite a few cuts I just think of how long I've gone. And all that time just wasted.

I need help. I know I do. Phil. I need phil. That's all I need right now. I throw a long sleeve shirt on and walk over to his place. Tears sting down my face. I'm a wreck. I can't let phil see me like this. I hear the door open while I'm thinking and I immediately am embrace by a body tightly.

"Dan I've missed you. What's wrong? Let me help"

"The amount time I've been clean. Just wasted. I need you phil" I managed to choke out words, short breaths in between.

"Dan. You need to know how proud I am of you. Through all that time you made progress. You still have all that time that can be made up. You can't let times like this ruin your recovery."

"God Phil. What are the odds of me meeting you after all this time?"

"No one will ever know. But still Dan. Right now. The past few weeks. Before you get better. You need to get a little worse. You're going to be just fine"

I hid my face in Phils chest and just pulled him closer to me. I never want to leave this moment. I'm basically hanging on the phil like it could save my life. Because it will. I still remember everything he said about that he's proud of me for coming this far.

Phil and I stay in his bed and I just stay hidden in his chest for nearly an hour. I wasn't able to catch my breath and would shake in Phils arms but he held me close and didn't let go. He hold me under his shoulder and gently strokes my arm with his thumb. I couldn't ask for more than this.

We stay there for a while and watch a movie. I manage to fall asleep. I've been restless waking up hourly for the last 3 maybe 4 weeks. I wake up at around 10 with phil. Wow what a surprise to find him. *holds up sarcasm sign* (A/N if you get that reference ily)

**Phils POV**

For the next few months after the day Dan came over. He still wasn't the happy person many people are. It took me a while to break him out of his shell. I got him to talk and smile more. The best part of his smile is how his eyes light up when he smiles. I also was able to get him to genuinely laugh more often.

I love how Dan laughs. If just brings life into my day. I think Dan is getting better. For the last few months since I met him I knew something was wrong. I wanted him to be happy and now he seems to be mush happier. His smile has widened and his laugh has gotten stronger

I feel like I may have changed his life a little. Not a lot but definitely a little. I feel like I was there to pick him up while he was down. The best part is about a year later we moved in together. Every morning I wake up to see Dan next to me. Not just Dan, a happy Dan. A happy Dan that was once just the guy next door.

****Yeah I suck ass at endings when it's literally 4:11 am right now. Anti climatic and short. Okay sorry for a shitty ending but I finished YAYY! Now I have no clue what to write next.....******

Even though you're dusted, you may be gone, but out here in the world of fanfiction, your stories live on without you.•