Back in a Flash

Happy Saturday everyone! I hope you're all doing good and had a great week :) Today we get a lot of Team Spidey bonding and shenanigans today and maybe a certain appearance if the title is anything to go off of!

No TW!

Have fun and stay safe🖤🤎❤️️🧡💛💚💙💜

---

On the way to pick up Ned, Peter updates May on everything that happened in Jameson's office. He keeps things vague about his retelling of Ben, not wanting to bring back memories, and why Jameson hates Spider-Man so vehemently. Of course, the recount ends with him telling her how much Jameson decided to pay him.

"I'm glad he finally appreciates your photos, but that's too much," May ends with astonishment.

"And I totally agree!" Peter doesn't hesitate to affirm. "But he made me take it. He said it was my Holiday Bonus or something." He stares at the slip of paper in his hands, slightly guilty but also immensely grateful. It'll be helpful considering the time of year, if May lets him spend some instead of depositing it.

"Alright," May concedes with a sigh, "we'll pick up some chocolates or a bottle of wine while we're out to be polite." One way or another, she always finds a way to reciprocate, even when it's Jameson. Peter shrugs his shoulders, not completely opposed to the idea.

"I mean, I think he's more of a cigar guy. I've never seen him without one, actually," he admits, then thinks for a second. "That can't be healthy." Before he can delve too deep into that dilemma, he shakes away the thought and focuses on something more constructive. He's been wanting to do this ever since he started making money at the Bugle, he just doesn't know how to go about it. "Hey, May? I was wondering if I could help out with, with groceries or gas or bills or something? Y'know, since I actually have a not-job now?" His attempt to add humor to the serious question falls flat. May glances at him with evident concern, then back to the road.

"I don't want you to stress about bills, okay sweetheart? There's nothing to worry about. You just save your money up for something important, like college." Her tone is hopeful and she never hesitates to show her support. Great. College, Peter mentally denounces, but he understands where she's coming from. Nevertheless, he nods his understanding.

"Yeah, I just thought I could help out."

"You already help the city out plenty. Let loose, relax, enjoy being out and being a teenager," she encourages with a smile. "Your spidery DNA won't get in the way of that." Peter playfully rolls his eyes at her teasing, a slight smile pulling at his lips, and listens to her advice. He sits back in his seat and forces his constantly-tense muscles to relax. It's just a nice day to go shopping and hang out with family. He got his work out of the way for today and if anything goes wrong, which it won't, he always has his backpack. No problem.

"You underestimate my Spidey powers," he quips back with a prideful smile. "Next thing you know, I'll be making webs and eating flies." May chuckles and shakes her head.

"If you think I'm adding flies to my award-winning meatloaf recipe, you're going to be severely disappointed," she also banters.

"Well," Peter feigns a wince, "I dunno about award-winning..." He presses his lips together to suppress his smile, which isn't very effective, when May gasps dramatically.

"My meatloaf is great and I won't accept criticisms from someone who's one gene away from eating flies." Her teasing and self-satisfied tone makes Peter laugh, despite him wanting to fake being insulted. May then pulls up to the curb in front of Ned's place and it's a few moments before Ned is rushing to the car.