Chapter Twenty-Six -- Woman's Intuition

Karly's POV

Hey, my baby

Why you lookin' so down?

Seems like you need a lovin'

Baby, you need a girl like me

Heeeeey, sexy baby

Why'd your girl leave you in pain

To let a fine man like you go

She must be insane

Heeeeey, sexy baby

There's no need to worry

Ooooh, boy if you call on me

I'll come, I'll come in a hurry

Aalyiah's I Care 4 U words played out in my head like a broken record ever since Erik sat in my car. The woman obviously knew what it feels like to be in that kind of position because everything she said is true, and everything she said is how I feel.

When Erik called me out of my studio apartment at almost eleven o'clock at night, I thought for sure it was for "business purposes". I told myself I wasn't going to mix business with pleasure, but dammit he's making it so hard.

I looked over at Erik as I pushed my Benz, not sure what to say, so I said nothing at all. He kept his head turned looking out of the window as if he was deep in thought, but even I saw the pain etched on his face. I got a gut feeling it has something to do with his girl, and my gut has never steered me wrong before.

Who ever she is, she's a lucky girl. I can tell he really loves her. She's probably the type of bitch that wants her man to have a regular nine to five job, and wants him to get out of the game. Typical female.

Why can't women understand a man is going to be a man, and at the end of the day, he's going to do what he wants to do is beyond me. Momma, Daddy, Sister, Brother, Grandma, Grandpa, nobody can stop him until he wants to stop.

"Make a left at the next light," Erik told me gently.

I have no idea where we're going, but I did as I was told without questions.

We turned into a middle class neighborhood with medium size houses. Normal, everyday cars lined the smoothly paved driveways. With a sidewalk and equally planted small trees next to the street, this was definitely a family friendly neighborhood.

"Pull in right here at the house on the right with the blue Charger," Erik instructed.

I pulled in right behind the parked car without a word.

"I'll be right back," he said as he hopped out of the car.

Minutes seemed to creep by as I listened to my Yo Gotti CD. When the whole CD began to play over from Track 1, I was beginning to get restless.

What if he's on the "job" without me, and got caught up? Anything can happen at anywhere and anytime. He's probably in there tied the fuck up while I'm out here listening to a fucking CD. Just the thought made me angry. My nerves were starting to get the best of me, and if I was standing, I know I would've been pacing the floor.

My brain began to flash images of Erik hog tied, Erik with a gun to his head, and then Erik tied to a chair with a rag in his mouth.

When I couldn't take it anymore, which wasn't long, I grabbed my pistol from the glove compartment, and left the car.

I walked around the house, nice and easy, looking inside every window, but I couldn't peek anything. In my eyes, that still don't mean shit, so I went back to the front of the house and kicked the red wooden door with my foot, ready for whatever. My gun was already aimed at the motherfucker that opens the door.

Just seconds later, the door swung open, and to my surprise a .22 rifle was pointing back at me, and a woman that looked to be in her early fifty's was behind it. She looked like she wasn't afraid to blast a bitch in a minute. Good, we have the same mentality.

"Who the fuck are you?" she demanded harshly with the gun still aimed.

I kept my outstretched arm strong, showing no fear, "Where the fuck is Erik?" I returned her tone, ignoring her question.

"Momma! Drop the gun, she's with me!" I heard Erik say, his voice becoming closer and closer.
Wait, did he just say, Momma?

I dropped my gun the same time she dropped hers, sliding my "boyfriend" right into the top of my fitted jeans.

"She's with you, but she's got her gun cocked at me," the woman said before she let loose a few chuckles. "Where did you get this gangsta bitch from, son?"

Anybody else probably would've been offended by her comment, but I took it lightly. I smiled at the woman politely.

Seconds later, Erik finally came to the door. "Did you really have a gun?" Erik asked in surprise, as if he didn't believe his own momma.

I didn't say a word, I just lifted my shirt, showing him the piece I carried around at all times. "I thought you was in here slippin', so I said fuck it, I'm asking questions later."

Erik's momma grinned, and opened the door wider. "Come on in, girl. I got a feeling I'ma like you already."

Erik smiled at me in pride as I went inside the house. "You riding for me like that, ma?" he asked as if he was shocked.

"Are we partners or not?" I reminded him.

He nodded.

"Then I'm riding until the wheels fall off, baby," I told him seriously.

"Damn, don't she remind you of somebody?" a man said while coming from around a corner of the house. He looked like a older, lighter version of Erik, so I assumed he's his daddy.

The trio shared a laugh at, I guess, an inside joke of what the man said.

Once the laughter died, I turned to Erik's momma who was still starring at me with a proud smile, like she just watched me accept a Grammy award. "I just want to say I apologize for coming at your door demanding for your son. That was very rude of me." I said nicely, being careful not to say sorry for the gun too because she had a gun pointing at my ass too. This should go in history for the most awkward meeting of parents.

"Honey, it's fine," she waved me off, "I needed that adrenaline rush. I haven't felt that in a long time. What's your name?"

I smiled at how cool she was. "Karly."

"Karly, I'm Kaila, and over there is Ethic, we're Erik's parents, but I'm sure you figured that out by now," she said with a smile.

"I'm sorry for leaving you waiting so long, Karly," Erik's deep voice finally spoke up, "They can really talk my head off."

I laughed a little. "It's okay, Erik. Just next time give me a heads up. This was not exactly how I planned on meeting your parents."

Ethic and Kaila laughed together.

Seconds later, I heard Kaila say to her man, "He need to drop that stuck up, wanna be and get with her... she's what our son need."

"But we just met her," Erik's daddy said back.

Kaila smiled at me, "Call it a woman's intuition."

_______________________________________________

A / N :

I know it's been a while, but I'M BACK :). I've uploaded a lot for you guys this time. Let's just say it's a late Christmas present. Speaking of Christmas, I hope everyone had a great holiday and is looking forward to the New Year (I know I am!)

So as always please comment what you think of these chapters and vote. I stayed up for HOURS writing all of this for you guys, so I will appreciate some feedback :)

Thanks for reading.