logicality, Prinxiety & Demus

(This song always makes me tear up and I have no clue why and I don't think I will ever know why)
Let her go - song for this one, I think. I hope
(I'm gonna go with the flow, I think it'll be logically and prinxiety but I don't know)

Logans POV

"Well, you only need the light when it's burning low
Only miss the sun when it starts to snow
Only know you love her when you let her go
Only know you've been high when you're feeling low
Only hate the road when you're missing home
Only know you love her when you let her go
And you let her go"

I smile to myself on hearing Patton singing from his room across the hall from mine. His voice is so angelic like, it makes me wonder how anyone could have a singing voice like his, I know we have similar singing voices but everyone's different. Mine is more monotone, Patton is more happy and joyful while Roman's is more confident and dramatic and Virgil's is deep and meaningful. I am aware that this song he is singing is his favourite song. I have heard it many times and I do not quite understand how a happy melody could hold such upsetting lyrics. It's the perfect song for Patton, morality and the core of all feelings. However when he begins the next section I cannot help but feel as if he is a lot sadder and more melancholic in his tone.

"Staring at the bottom of your glass
Hoping one day you'll make a dream last"

I am quick to stand and march out of my room, not bothering to knock on his door when I open it. He turns around and I notice the tired look in his eyes. He smiles.
"I heard you singing." I state bluntly, but showing a hint of concern for him. "You seemed more upset in your verse."
"Oh, you heard?" He laughs nervously. "Nothing to be worried about k-"
"Patton, I worry for you and you only, I believed you knew this already."
"I did, Lo." He walks towards me, smiling slightly. "and like last time, I'll tell you you shouldn't worry about me." He playfully pokes my nose, giggling and I find myself blushing but then I take his hands into mine, now smiling even more when his cheeks blush as well as mine now.
"And such as last time, I shall tell you I will not stop. It is natural for me now."
"AW! That's cute logan!"
"May I ask," I break the silence threatening to settle in as I let him go and he steps back. "Why do you enjoy singing that song?"
"Why? Don't you like it?" He smirks as he turns around and walks back into his room fully beside his bed.
"I do like it, only I know it is your favourite song."
"The first verse feels like it was written for me. I love it." The first verse? The verse is about dreams is it not? "Just listen to it. Staring at the bottom of your glass, Hoping one day you'll make a dream last, But dreams come slow, and they go so fast, You see him when you close your eyes, Maybe one day, you'll understand why, Everything you touch surely dies." He sings for me instead of playing the song on his CD player. He spins and smiles when singing it now to me. He seems glad I asked about it, this way he can openly talk about why he admires the song. "See?" He smiles.
"You feel that way?" He shrugs his shoulder simply, now yawning out loud.
"At times, well at the time I found the song anyway." He stretches up high.
"You should rest and sleep, Patton." At my words, he frowns, letting his shoulders slump down.
"Do I have to?" He moans and complains like a child. "I suppose I should." He answers his own question. "I haven't slept for a day or so."
"What?" I burst unintentionally. "I mean, why?"
"I haven't been able to fall asleep."
"Then let me help." I state simply, closing the door and walking in to him.
"How would you help, lo?"
"You will see now lay down." I tell him. He looks excited and ecstatic as he climbs into bed, eagerly pulling the covers onto him as I kneel beside him so our heads are at the same level. "Close your eyes." I say, questing my voice into a softer and more gentle tone, tucking him in as he does as I requested. He smiles quickly, catching my hand in his when I go to pull away. "But you only need the light when it's burning low, Only miss the sun when it starts to snow, Only know love her when you let her go, Only know you've been high when you're feeling low, Only hate the road when you're missing home, Only know you love him when you let him go." I lullaby him into a dream filled sleep, calming his mind down and I smile, laying my head beside him and I let myself also drift off to sleep with his hand in mine.