- 1 -

Bold in English
Normal in Korean

Flashback, 4 years ago ( 2014 )

Kiana pov

I was young and innocent, living my freedom like it was limitless and it would be there forever and that nobody was gonna take it away. Not until when I had audition for a KPOP company for fun. I didn't audition so that I could be famous but because it was a joke. It was one of the top 3 entertainment in the K-pop industry. SM entertainment. I had received the acceptance email and thought it was some kind of prank from my friend and just laughed it off, but the more I read the email, it became reality that it was indeed real. There was no lie in between.

I'm Kiana/aerin but u can call me either. I told my siblings and my friends that night and they were really supportive of me, there was so much " congratulations " and " goodluck " messages. I was grateful for all of my friends and especially my siblings for being there and raising me since young.

Fast forward one year ( 2015 )

It has been almost one year since I joined SM entertainment and I watched many groups debut like Red Velvet, EXO, NCT, Girls' Generation and etc. Let me tell u. Their the sweetest person I have met. Although I'm the youngest trainee there, they are so sweet and kind. They take care of you and really let you have fun. They allow me to enjoy my childhood while it last.

I was in a girl group line up called " æspa " the concept is complex, it's about us arriving in the world surrounded by a world mythology. Theirs is a cyberpunk sci-fi concept in which the four members, and their four virtual counterparts called ' ase ', compose a crime-fighting unit. The line up consist of NingNing, Karina, Winter and Giselle. But the debut year is in 2020 which is 5 years later. Everyone says " patience is the key to success " but it's far too long.

I talked to my manager that I wanted to leave and not persuade my career as an Idol but as a doctor. I know it's silly but it was truly my passion in medic. After much consideration, the chairman of SM ent. respected my decision.

Fast forward a year ( 2016 )

I moved back to Australia to live with my siblings. I wasn't half way through my studies but I was doing well. I was scrolling on Instagram when a feed popped up and refreshed my whole page. I hate it when this happens. It was an online audition from JYP ent that was coming to Australia. I ignored it and went to find the video I was watching just now but my finger scrolled back up and I stayed there for really long. Should I give myself another chance to be a K-pop idol?

After putting a poll on my Instagram account, countlessly asking my friends and siblings for advice, many of them said yes and that I should give myself another chance because of my talent that was given to me and that I shouldn't be wasting it.

I decided to audition for JYP entertainment. I gave my info and everything. I did the same song and dance when I auditioned for SM entertainment. After a few days, I was invited to go to JYP entertainment which was in Korea for a second round of audition. After a few weeks, they sended me an email that I had got in. I managed to pass the audition without difficulties. This part is easy but the training isn't.

Flash forward another year ( 2017 )

After about a year here, I met a lot of people. I met Hwang Hyunjin, the dancing queen. Bang Chan, the longest trainee, Lee Minho, the powerful dancer, Seo Changbin and Han Jisung, the rap battle champion, Kim Seungmin, the vocal king and Yang Jeongin, the guy who has hidden talent for trot. I met alot of other people too! Like Day6, the well known famous band. Twice, the joyful famous girl group. Got7, the boy group that is famous for memes.

JYP had actually allowed Bang Chan to choose his own members for an upcoming debut called " STRAYKIDS "  Chan did not regret choosing anyone that he had picked. They all have a talent and he was sure of it. They even had a choreo for their upcoming song that Chan was currently producing. Let me tell u, it sounds so amazing that I had zero words for. Literally Zero.

Fast forward a year ( 2018 )

Chan had actually picked me for the line up but he wasn't sure. He did tell JYP but he wasn't exactly sure if it was the right option. He told JYP to keep it an open option first. After a few months of consideration, Chan said that it was a good idea to add me in because of my talent. JYP nodded and said that, they had to go through a survival program which will be aired around the world so that global fans can watch.

JYP invited me to his office and told me what Chan had considered. I was a little surprised and took a while to process. JYP told the same thing he told me to Chan about the survival program. I was willing to put all my hope in for this program. Chan told the news and everyone was so happy that we all cried and thanked Chan for this opportunity.

-
[ I updated this part and it's a little messy rn because of how it's being made and because I rushed this for 42 plus minutes. Hope its a little better tho !! Have a great day ahead !! ]