Chapter 11

I don't think any of us were prepared for what happened the next week. It involved a lot of crying from Caity, Teddy and Malina. And then it involved Taya not seeming too happy either, but refusing to cry. It involved Narcissa blaming herself, and Lars swearing that she hadn't been crying though it was clear she had. It involved Nev caught sitting on the edge of the astronomy tower, looking at photos and crying. It involved Hannah trying to cheer everyone up but failing miserably. It involved Brandy and Olivia not really knowing what to do, so just giving hugs to those they caught crying. It involved Jodie and Emma baking cookies for those who were upset. It involved my mother feeling bad for not talking to her aunt more. 

Because our plan had failed, and Andromeda was dead. 

Anna and Ellie were the most supportive through all of it, and made sure everyone still got plenty of sleep. McGonagall called off all classes for a week, and Galaxy came up to Hogwarts to see her younger sister and her niece and nephew. 

People would stay up until late, until Anna and Ellie insisted they slept. 

---

"It's the funeral tomorrow. I'm not ready," Caity muttered. I pulled her into a hug.

"Caity, it's okay. None of us are. But we'll be there, by your side,"

"You swear on it?"

"I do,"

"Thank you,"

She slid down against the tree and buried her head in her knees.

"I already miss her,"

"Esmae and Lana already lost their mum. So did Jodie and Emma. So did I. So did Rachel. So did Mali-"

"Nev," Lars said warningly, and she shut up.

"I'm sorry, Caity," I whispered.