Chapter 5

They couldn't believe their eyes. Everything was destroyed. The machine exploded and there is nothing left. All that stood before them is a girl. It worked. The machine worked. Brown and Dr. P couldn't form any words. A blood curling scream came out of her lips as she fell to the ground. She was in pain. It was as if someone was crushing her.
"Help her you idiot!" Brown screamed at the doctor.
"I can't! She just woke up. Her body is mending itself together. There is nothing I can do!"
The two covered their ears and waited for her to calm down. When she stopped sreaming, Dr. P prepared a towel and a chair. They wrapped her in a towel led her to the chair. She was still breathing hard so they decided to give her some space and waited outside the lab.
"Wow. That was-", Brown started but the doctor decided to finish his sentence.
"Amazing, incredible, extraordinary." He had a big smile on his face. He couldn't believe that worked.
"Do you think she's okay?"
"I don't know. I'm going to have to run a few tests on her first."
"Well, you need to make sure that she is ready."
"What? But lieutenant, she is just recovering. She needs to rest."
"Well we don't have time for that. They know we're onto them."
"What? How do you know that? Did they attack?"
"No. We found one of their locations and when we got there, they were gone?"
"B-but how?"
"We think there's a mole."
"But we have loyal men here. Why would they betray us?"
"I don't know. So make sure IT is ready. We need to be prepared for anything. Do you understand?"
"Yes sir." Brown gave the doctor a nod and left. Palistaki decided to go back into the lab and check on Rowan. When he got inside he saw her calmed down, and staring at the wall so he decided to speak to her.
"Hello. My name is Doctor John Palistaki. Do you know who you are?" He waited for her to answer but he got nothing. He moved closer and laid a hand on her shoulder. He was surprised that she was warm and not cold. He was about to leave to get some equipment until she spoke.
"How am I alive?" The doctor stopped dead in his tracks and looked at the girl. She was still staring blankly at the wall.
"Y-you know who you are. You remember what happened?"
"Yes. You did not answer my question."
Dr. P didn't know what to say or do. He was still very much surprised about this. It's just so weird for him.
"Well, how about I run a few tests to make sure everything is functioning perfectly and then I can tell you everything." For the first time, she looked at him in the eyes and agreed. Dr. P led her out of the lab and hurried to the lieutenant's office. He quickly knocked on the door and heard a grunt coming from the other side so he opened the door and got in. He practically ran to the lieutenant with a huge smile on his face.
"You won't believe what just happened." Brown raised an eyebrow as an indication for the doctor to carry on.
"She spoke to me." This time the lieutenant raised both of his eyebrows in surprise.
"Really? What did she say to you?"
"She asked me how she is alive and that she remembers what happened." The lieutenant looked impressed. He didn't expect that. He never thought that she would survive that freak accident let alone remember what happened before she died. He always doubted the doctor but deep down he knew that the doctor was capable of doing amazing things, which is why he kept the doctor for so long even after all his failed experiments. The lieutenant asked the doctor if he could be there for the testing and the doctor agreed. They left the office and found Rowan standing outside staring at another wall.
"She tends to stare at walls a lot." Dr. P whispered.
"Weird." Brown replied. They didn't know that she could hear them. She didn't say anything thought. She just silently followed behind. They entered the medical floor of the building and got a room to run the test in. Rowan sat on a hospital bed while the lieutenant stood at the corner of the room. Dr. P got everything necessary for the tests. He started with her heartbeat  and checked her pulse. Everything was going good so he checked all her senses. He wanted to check her nerves so he gently hit her knee with a hammer. Nothing happened. He tried again with her elbow. Still nothing.
"Hmmm" the doctor hummed in wonder.
"What's wrong doctor?" the lieutenant asked.
"Well, her nerves aren't working."
"So? Is that good or bad?"
Dr. P slowly turned and looked at the doctor.
"We're gonna have to find out..."

I'm still crying by the way
The last chapter was better but wattpad decided to delete it and I don't know why and I don't know how to get it back but here you gooooooo....