Chapter 19

After the call Rowan wanted some advice. She couldn't go the the doctor or the lieutenant because she knows how they would react.

They told her to stay away from her past life. She couldn't check her family because they were a whole province away but her girlfriend was practically in her grasp.

She went to the training grounds and found Madison there. She had grown closer to Madison than anyone else at the base.

She slowly crept behind her ready to attack. When she reached her hand out to Madison's shoulder, she was immediately thrown to the ground. She landed in a position where Madison's foot was on her chest and her right arm was pulled upwards.

"Well done. Not bad for a 'girl'."

"Hehehe. What can I say? I had a great teacher."

Madison helped Rowan up. They made their way towards the cafeteria to talk.

"So what's up Wonder."

"Wonder?", Rowan asked raising an eyebrow.

"Yep. That's what all the trainers are calling you now. You know...because of how you became the way you are now?"

"Oh...well anyways...I need your advice on something."

"Oh, okay shoot."

"Don't tell anyone but I went back."

"To see..."

"Yeah and she saw me and wants an explanation and now I don't know what to do.", Rowan quickly said in one breathe.

"Ohhhh. That is hectic. Well I think you should tell her. I mean, put yourself in her shoes. She just found out that her dead girlfriend is alive. If that were me, I would have probably died of a heart attack."

"It's funny how she said the exact same thing, minus the heart attack dying part."

"See? That's a sign. You should rekindle whatever you had before."

"I wish. But the lieutenant and the doctor..."

"Don't need to know. Come on! Everyone needs someone special."

"Even if I were to agree with all of this. Where would I start. She hates me now."

"Apologise and then tell her the truth. If she is who you think she is, then she'll understand."

"I guess you are right."

"Sooo...what are you waiting for?"

"Oh, I should go right now?"

"Yess.", Madison said chuckling.

Rowan quickly got up and ran to her room. She quickly got herself ready and started practicing what she was going to say in her bathroom mirror.

"Okay. Just apologise and tell her you want to start over. It can't be that hard. Oh gosh. Why am I so nervous. Okay. Let's do this."

She then ran out of her room. While in the corridor, she ran into the lieutenant.

"Oh, hello there Rowan. Going somewhere?"

"Hello lieutenant. Yes I am actually going into town to get a few things."

"Oh, well then enjoy yourself."

The two parted ways and Rowan left the base.

She soon arrived to town and sat in her car. She hesitantly dialed Meghan's number and pressed the call button.

"Hello?"

"Umm...hey, it's me."

"What do you want now. You want to apologise again and then tell me that you can't tell me anything?"

"Yes...I mean, yes I want to apologise and I want to tell you everything."

"What? Are you serious?"

"Yes. I was wrong for doing what I did. You don't deserve it. So, can we please meet up?"

"Oh, ummm...sure. We can meet up tomorrow at half past twelve. At the cafe I saw you watching me."

Rowan let out a breathy laugh.

"Awesome. See you then."

"Bye."

Rowan let out a huge breathe of air. She didn't know she was holding that much air in.

She went to a guesthouse to check in for the night. She spent the rest of the day driving around the city.