CHAPTER 4

One of Mika's lines was taken from Hermione's lines (Harry Potter movie). Nowadays, I am not hardworking enough to be descriptive with my writing so I am sorry for this lazy chapter.

CHAPTER 4

Mika's first impression of her senior was...

Akane was too young. Mika was convinced that she might be the first and last minor who was hired to be part of MWPSB but...

Akane might not be a minor as well, right? What happened to her senior? Why would a seemed-to-be green inspector like her was given a tough responsibility to lead Division 1 with...

Those kind of enforcers...

"Nice to meet you, Inspector Shimotsuki. I am Inspector Tsunemori Akane and I am in charge of Division 1."

"Nice to meet you too," Mika nodded. The tension that had towered over her frame slowly disappeared when Akane curved in a friendly smile to her.

Instead, the tension was quickly replaced by hesitance.

Was she really capable?

"Let me show your desk and our teammates," Akane said, immediately leading Mika deeper to their office.

The closer they got to two men who had gathered around a certain woman at her desk, the more sceptical Mika found herself. Especially when the view of an enforcer with a funky look, brown hair and cheeky eyes was the first person she could see.

"Listen, guys," with Akane's voice turned louder to draw their attention, the three enforcers turned to see her in a slight surprise which was surprising. It showed that they were too focused on whatever case they were on.

That was when Mika's eyes were drawn to the only female enforcer who was there for her when she was broken. The only one who offered her warm embrace when Mika was not only soaked but would crush in despair after learning about her friends' gruesome death.

Kunizuka Yayoi. They immediately exchanged a small smile but she could sense how Yayoi was proud of her to stand and breathe in the same workspace with her. She might not expect that the girl in tears would choose and be qualified to be an inspector who would defeat those people who were as psychotic as Oryo Rikako.

Or maybe worse than the murderer.

Yayoi's calm smile was soothing enough. Her heart bloomed as she realized that Yayoi remembered her.

"Woahh, another cutie," Kagari exclaimed as Mika was static on her spot even he was introduced by Akane. The enforcer had always been loud and could not stand awkward vibes whenever a newbie was introduced. "With this, whichever team I end up in was no longer a concern. We have two cute inspectors to work for."

"Cut it out, Kagari. You scare her," Kougami, another enforcer with a scary look and spiky black hair remarked.

No, I am not scared. I am disgusted, Mika mocked in her head. Maybe Kagari was a typical guy who thought he could be friendly and flirtatious to a young girl like her but Mika never approved such an approach no matter from whom she got.

But...

"This is Kougami Shinya, Hound 3," Akane said, gesturing at the spiky-haired man. Unlike Kagari, Kougami's eyes were empty as he looked at Mika. No welcoming smile on his tight face which stroke something in her, especially when could see how he was way older than the bubbly Kagari.

What's with that look? Why it seems to me that this guy is looking down on me just because I am small and young? Don't tell me he also bullied Tsunemori senpai just because she's just like me?