1. Bitten

1. Bitten

Everything was bright.

I closed my eyes and groaned loudly, smelling nothing but medication and other hospital smells that I couldn't even progress right now. My head hurt like a really bad headache, feeling as if I got run over by truck, twice. My whole body felt the same aches as well, as when I tried to roll over to get away from the bright light that I could feel against my eyelids, I jerked at the pain it caused me and stopped moving right away. I could smell the sweat all over my body, but surprisingly, I felt cold, like I had some kind of fever.

I attempted to open my eyes again, only to be blinded by the bright light and shutting my eyes, turning my head a bit in agony.

Everything that happened was truly a blur. One moment I was saying goodbye to Michelle, my best friend, going our separate ways home and the next thing I knew I had woken up to the brightness in my eyes, not knowing where I was or what had happened.

As I wracked my brain for some answers, despite the burning headache I had, the only thing I could remember was seeing...

At the memory, my eyes snapped open in shock and horror, the bright light burning my eyes until everything came into focus, the light not looking so bright anymore. The first thing I saw was the stone ceiling and I could practically feel the coldness of it from where I was laying.

Speaking of which, I looked down me to see I was lying down on a white sheet bed, and I was wearing a white tank top - with no bra - and white shorts, showing off my pale legs. My red autumn hair hung past my shoulders as I sat up, staring down at my hands.

Remembering what happened now, I tugged up the white tank top so I could see my stomach and my eyes widened in shock when I saw clean, not scarred pale skin.

"Don't worry," I gasped as I whipped around to my right to where the voice came from, and seeing a man sitting in the corner of the room causally. "It's healed."

I blinked back in surprise, "Who are you?" I muttered silently, glancing around the whole room, seeing only a door as a source of escape, as there were no windows, just stone walls. "Where am I?"

The man stood up from his chair and it's then I noticed that he was wearing a dark suit as he straightens down the jacket. "What was the last thing you remember Miss Parker?"

I backed up on the bed slightly, fear building in me. "How do you know my name? Where the hell am I?" I examined the last part.

The man shot me a short smile, as if he knew all the secrets. And he probably did. "All will be explained in time Miss Parker," he addressed curtly, "What was the last thing you remember?"

I wanted to snap back, saying that I wasn't answering any of his questions until he answered my own. But then I was sucked into the memory, my eyes staring at the man blankly as I recalled everything. "I had said goodbye to Michelle..." The memory flashed in me of Michelle, her saying that she'll see me tomorrow morning at our meeting spot. "And I had decided to take the short cut home... At first everything was fine, I was listening to my music and then..." I trailed off, the memory getting dark after that, as if I didn't want to continue down memory lane.

The man waved his hand towards me, "And then?"

I choked up a bit, the memory becoming clearer and clearer by the second, like a picture being developed. "And then... I felt someone watching me... I took my headphones out and looked around to see if anyone was following me... When I caught the sight of two bright yellow eyes coming towards me in the woods..." I looked to the man desperately, "I tried to run... I really did... but it was too fast and it knocked me to the ground..." I squeezed my eyes shut then, the painful memory hurting my aching head. "And then it bit me, on my stomach," I placed my hand on where it bit me, looking down at where there should be a wound. "What happened to me?"