11. Student and professor

I became a professor at such a young age (27) and a lot of students don't believe me when I tell them this. They have this view that professors are old, boring and rant on about all the knowledge they have but I have become the most desirable professor of this university within only a month. I used to be a player in school, all the girls ran behind me but I was also smart and love education and research. However I didn't know I would get myself into so much trouble, trouble being a big understatement. I have fallen hard for my student. She's shy, quiet and unique, different than everyone else. She always avoids eye contact with me and spends most of her time in the library. Unlike other girls, she is not surrounded by many people and likes to stay alone. I've been keeping an eye on her for the last week closely. Once I nearly got caught by my senior and had to make an excuse. But today I have decided to execute stage two of my plan. I may be a professor but I still have the adrenaline to take risks and get myself into deep deep trouble, in fact I'm looking forward to this.

I get in before her and smile at the librarian who greets me.

"Looking for anything in particular sir?" She asks blushing and I can't help but laugh.

"Not at all just browsing." She continues to sort the returns and I make my way to the back of the library. I am literally the only person since it's 6am but she should be here soon, at least I hope.

I look at my watch, it's 6:15 now so that means she is late. She's always turned up on time so I am getting a bit worried. I continue to walk around the books when finally my eyes find peace as they mirror her. She enters with her usual black backpack and laptop in her hand. Her natural hair compliments the pearl earrings she is wearing today and I feel my heartbeat race. Sure I've been a player in school, something you would have realised by now but this was different. I have a feeling that my feet are not on the land, that nothing else exists in this world apart from her. I want her to realise how beautiful she is, how natural, how peaceful she is. The fact that I don't have a class with her today stabs me hard but now is the time to get closer to her, it's time to initiate phase 2.

She walks to her usual desk and places her bag and laptop on the desk. I obseve her from a gap in the bookshelf and she comes to that gap suddenly to reach out for a book. I feel as though my heartbeats will come out of my mouth as the nervousness kicks in but I am going for it, there's no stopping me! She comes to my side as if she heard the message of my heart and without making eye contact she greets me.

"Good morning professor." I give her my best smile which she ignores. I want her to look at me, make eye contact and I want her to feel my presence like I feel hers. She seems nervous too but that's how she is and she's perfect but I want her to give me a chance, a glance even! She continues to pull out a few books and does her normal browsing when I notice a bleeding scratch on her elbow. She got hurt? Is that why she was late? These thoughts come racing in my mind and I rush to the first aid section of the library. I scan my id to get access and grab a bandaid and some cotton. I quickly make my way back towards her. I'll take care of her and make sure that she recovers.

Just as she is placing a book back onto the shelf at the far end of the aisle, I place my hand on the shelf next to her and stand very close to her, our lips just an inch apart. She turns to her right but doesn't face me. I pull out a book from the shelf with my other hand still rested on the shelf near her, very close.

"That's the book I recommended in my lecture, so take a look." She freezes but manages to turn all the way facing me. Bull's-eye I did it! She looks up slowly, I feel like removing my glasses to keep nothing between our eyes. When our eyes meet I feel that I have the same effect on her as she has on me but I don't know that this is just the start.

"Thank you." She manages to say, very low and takes the book from my hand. I try to read her mind. She wants to stay here or go? Am I intimating her, does she feel vulnerable? Aaahhh I don't know!!

I quickly look around to find no one and the nearest security camera is out of our reach. I grab her hand quick, sending electricity through me I brush my hand against hers till I reach her wound. I take out the bandaid and wrap it around her elbow slowly. She doesn't move an inch and I feel her breath on my face.

"How did this happen?" I ask wanting to distract her from going anywhere, going slow on the bandaid on purpose.

"I fell on the stairs at the station."

"I'm dropping you home today." I can't let her go to the station after what happened and there is no way she is going home alone. I will take her with me.

"Thank you but..."

"It's final." I be assertive and she is left speechless. After I finish the securing the bandaid I decide that's enough for her in a day. I don't think she'll be able to handle me pushing her any futher.

"Thank you for the first aid." She quickly walks away with her book.

"I'll wait for you at the gate!" I shout before she disappears.