28. Nightmare

I walked inside his cabin even after not receiving any reply from him. That's what worried me, he has never done that. He was seated on his chair, head down, strands of his pitch black hair falling on his perfect face. His hands joined and placed on his head. I wonder what he is feeling now, what happened to him? After working 9 years for him I would say he could be stressed or upset perhaps angry or anxious but then again, this man is unpredictable. I approach him slowly.

"Vice President" I call out but he doesn't move, his body is like a stiff statue.

"Sir?" I call him again but my effort in vain.

He lifts his head and I am dumbstruck!
He has a tear in his eye and his eyes are swollen red. He is crying? But why? I have never seen him cry before. I get very worried and go straight to him.

I pat his shoulder and he grabs my hand and pulls me into his arms. I am now seated on his lap as he puts his arms around me and hugs me tightly without saying a word.

We stay like that for some time and my worry increases. I want to ask him if he is ok and why he is crying. I inhale his cologne and get lost in his scent.

Finally he releases me.

"What's wrong sir? Are you ok? Did you get a nightmare?" I ask gently

He looks into my eyes. They are once again glowing with hope and not even a single tear on his face.

"I saw you Mira."

"What do you mean? Did you have a nightmare?" I ask in anticipation.

He sighs and looks away. Then he looks back at me. I have a bad feeling about this.

VP's perspective: "Yes I had a nightmare.....Look Mira, I don't want you to come to work for the next few days until I sort all of this out."

She stares at me in dismay, confusion written all over her face. I have to be brave and tell her the truth. The sooner she knows the better.

"Why what's wrong?" She asks expectedly

I take a deep breath and put a hand on her shoulder.

"My mum.................passed away. She was killed and now your life is in danger, she will come after you as well."

"What? Oh no." She hugs me and I try and hold back all my tears.

"Are you ok?" She asks.

"No, you have to listen to me, please just go home. I'll have tight security arranged for you. I lost my mum but I won't lose you." I tell her.

"But who are we in danger of?"

"A person who is attacking all the women in our family. I don't exactly know who it is but I will try to find out as soon as possible. That person is dangerous and who knows that person might even be in our company. Please just listen to me and stay home."

She nods and a tear rolls down her eye.

"Ok. You take care." She leaves my cabin.