Chapter 7

"Craw..Craw!"

I sat up slowly, groaning loudly as I did.

It felt like an age as I moved my hand to rub the dust out of my eyes.

"Uhhh. Fuck! I feel like I have eaten something bad." My ears began to ring at the sound of my voice.

"That is probably due to this wonderful thing called a healing potion...all was it healing slave....I don't know, but it did fix up your internals rather well. You have been through a nasty mess haven't you?" The new voice took my surprise. I hadn't even noticed anyone there.

As I looked around, trying to find the origin of the voice. I saw what was left of the encampment. There were bodies strewn everywhere. Alot of them even had flies covering them.

Oh god, this site made my stomach churn...wait if this was not just a dream then...Lance!

I tried to get up quickly. The second I got up, a sharp pain assaulted my gut leading me to keel over and nearly throw up my insides, or at least it felt like this.

Looking up, I saw his body. Still riddled with arrows...

"Lance noooo!" I moaned out.

I began to slowly crawl through the blood stained floor. The smell made me feel nauseated.

It only took me a few seconds to reach him. As I arrived, I began to take out the arrows. One by one. No blood spurted out though. This made me begin to moan even me.

"No..No..You can't be dead..You just can't who will take care of me now...Whooo?!"

I had finally taken out all the arrows that I could. Some splintered into my hands, causing them to begin to bleed. Getting my fresh blood now other his cold body.

The man who was talking to me when I first awoke came over, and I guessed that it was him from the footsteps I heard come up behind me.

"You knew him huh. There's a point now. He is gone. You should be doing what the others are doing, getting armour and weapons from the bandits. You should have seen the bandit king. He took at least forty people done, before we managed to kill him..That dam bastard." He seemed almost nostalgic, and his coldness shook me.

"What do you mean? Leave him! How can I? What kind of friend would I be?"

I didn't even hear how he mentioned that the bandit king was dead.

He let out a shallow breath. "Have it your way then. Oh, when the horn sounds you best be outside of this place. Or the guards will kill you and you will end up like him."

He then walked off, looking at the dead bodies, occasionally stopping and picking something off of them. He soon passed out of my site. As I watched him leave though, I saw others doing the same thing.

They looked alot like bandits now though. All of them had mismatched armour on and were holding an assortment of weapons.

I quickly got bored of watching them and how they were treating the dead, which honestly made me feel sick. Looking back down at Lance, I began to cry quietly. Thinking back to the last few days we had been together.

It's funny really. I didn't even know anything really about him. Aside from his name and that he had a funny accent. I never even knew where he was from. In fact were we really friends, I mean could we be called friends....No. I know we were, or at least I felt like we were. So he told me himself didn't he, in that arrow storm.

Survive.

For him I must survive and live on. Get strong and make all of them pay for what they have done to us. Nothing is too little. I must survive. For him, my true family back home. Even if I never see them again. At least I can live on for them!