Chapter 2

Disclaimers:

Don't plagiarize our work, dearie.

⚠T.W⚠INCLUDES SELF HARM, FEEL FREE TO SKIP OUR STORY IF YOU ARE NOT COMFORTABLE WITH TOPICS LIKE THESE.

Lianne's POV

Ext.Denvore, Ethopia; Garden- Night

As I mumbled these thoughts a voice rang in my ears, "Miss, are you okay?"

A tear dropped as I lifted my head slowly. A man. I looked straight into his eyes and said,

"P-please help me, someone's chasing m-me..."He silenced me by putting his hand in my mouth.

"W-what-"I got cut off when he said, "DUCK!" I did what he said and I heard a gunshot, I quivered in fear mumbling various words in my head...

"Are you okay? I'm sorry, I needed to disarm him, he got away. But you're safe now."

He hugged and calmed me down."Here.", he hanged his coat over my shoulder. Once again my heart thudded loudly not because of fear, I felt butterflies in my stomach. For once in my life, I felt so safe. But I realized I started to feel comfortable so I slowly pulled out of the hug.."T-thank y-you.."I mumbled.

"You're welcome please come in your house miss, you might get in worse danger if you stay here."

I stood up slowly

"Umm, thank you again, I'm sorry for the hug, what's your name?"I said taking out a hand. He accepted it.

"Jace."

"I'm Lianne."

I said loud enough for him to hear, he then let go of my hand but... I somehow wanted it to last longer.

"Okay... What were you thinking, Lianne?"

A Few Hours Later...

Ext.Mansion/Castle Halls-Night

Narrator's POV

Lianne was walking through the empty, big halls of their mansion when suddenly her father approaches her angrily.

"WHERE HAVE YOU BEEN?!"Lianne jumped at the sound of his high pitched voice even though she kept her head high

"Why should I tell you, father? Since when did you start to care?"

Lianne felt a sharp pain on her cheek, her father slapped her.

"How dare you speak to your father like that?!"His father stood tall with disappointment displayed on his face.

She scoffed putting her palm on her red cheek, "Wow, thanks for the slap! I'll go now your highness."

She phrased sarcastically and then bowed with a crooked smile and silent tears flowing down her red cheek.

She fastened her pace and ran, "COME BACK HERE, YOU UNGRATEFUL CHILD! YOU ARE A DISGRACE TO THIS FAMILY!"

As she ran she heard her mother's voice in the distance," Harold, please stop. Your child is suffering.."

She didn't hear what was next, but she just ran towards her bedroom.

Ext.Mansion,bedroom-Night

She locked the door tightly and yelled with agony, pain, and sadness, everything was shattered. The light in her room went out and her room was destroyed.

"IF I WAS A DISGRACE WHY DIDN'T YOU ABANDON ME EVER SINCE I WAS A BABY?! WHY DO YOU TREAT ME LIKE DIRT?!WHY?!WHY?!WHY?!"

⚠T.W⚠

In frustration, she went and grabbed the vase in her room and smashed it. Getting one of the broken pieces slowly, she put it on the top of her arm ready to cut it, but then a voice went in her head, "But you're safe now. Jace", the man's voice suddenly calmed her down, resulting to her dropping the broken piece.

Lianne went to her bathroom and looked into the sink to the mirror and phrased, "You still have a lot of things ahead of you. Don't waste it. Everything happens for a reason. You can do this Lianne, you'll get through this."

When she went out she carefully cleaned each piece, each corner of her bedroom, leaving her with a tidy room.

"There. Note to self, don't have a mental breakdown. You can do it!", She clapped her hands and tidied her hair and face.

"Wow, I look...Calm."

Suddenly a scene went into her head," Jace." 

It was her introducing herself to "Jace"

"He's handsome-STOP you just met the guy, Lianne you are a crazy woman who talks to herself.

"Okay, back to the present."She straightened her dress and went out of her room. Her eyes wandering back to the coat of the man who saved her life, she smiled.

"I will meet you again."

TO BE CONTINUED.....

 Written By: Althea Garabot, Margaret Marquez

Edited by: Althea Garabot