chapter twenty three

Someone knocked on his door.

Karl immediately searched for his phone to see if it was already that late. Of course it was.

Sapnap: You're coming?

Karl: Five minutes

"Why do I always oversleep", he mumbled and jumped out of his bed, already running a hand through his hair just like he's running into the bathroom. Sapnap hasn't told him anything about their plans today and Karl didn't know what to wear or if he should eat something either. He groaned in annoyance of the stress and quickly took his toothbrush in his right hand. His ear slightly caught the sound of his phone buzzing a few times, probably Sapnap spamming him right now, texting him that he should hurry up. With his toothbrush in his hand, he walked back into his room and took his phone in his hand again.

Karl: What am I supposed to wear?

He looked up from his bright phone screen to the dark light outside. It was 7:38PM and the street lamps were already on, lighting the dark streets at these times.

Sapnap: There's no real dress code, just wear something you're comfortable in

Karl: So like sweatpants?

Sapnap: maybe not thaaat comfortable

Karl: Then, what are you wearing?

Nick left him on read and the brunet took his toothbrush out of his mouth. "Idiot", he mumbled with toothpaste in his mouth, spitting it into the sink after he walked back into the bathroom. He tried to see Sapnap out of the bathroom window but he wasn't able to see the veranda out of it. A sigh left his lips again.

After 10 more minutes he found himself in front of the mirror, looking at his reflection in it. He wore a white shirt with black trousers, some jewelry on his fingers and around his wrist as well. His feet quickly brought him downstairs into the living room to find his mother sitting on the couch, watching TV. "I'm going out, 'kay?", he planted a small kiss on her cheek.

"Is the person getting a kiss like this as well?", she asked, eying his outfit and smiling afterwards.

"You look good, sweetie".

Karl smiled, completely ignoring the first question. "Thank you".

There was a knock on the door again and the brunet cursed on the inside as he saw the curiosity on his mothers face growing. She tilted her head a little bit while Karl walked to the door but he sensed it and immediately turned around again. "You can meet them another time, 'kay? Don't make this awkward now, please", he practically begged, receiving a small laugh of his mother. "Of course, honey. Have fun but not too much fun".

He rolled his eyes as he saw his mother biting down on her bottom lip, a bad attempt to stop herself from laughing. But just as she saw her son rolling his eyes, she bursted out into laugher. "I'm sorry", she said between laughs.

Karl only smiled back at her and turned around again, walking towards the door with a heavy heart. He quickly put his black converse on and placed his hand on the door knob, pushing it down a few seconds after convincing him that he's fine, that it's just Sapnap. But it wasn't just the 'normal' Sapnap.

In front of his door was a Sapnap in a black, fancy suit, a bunch of flowers in his hand and a big smirk planted on his face.

No real dress code, huh?

"Hey, little one", Sapnap said.

A scoff slipped through the brunet's lips and his cheeks flushed pink.