Chapter 1: Arriving

I was born by the sea where turtles, fish, and sharks thrive and live. I would be moving this year, my mother could no longer afford are beautiful beach home. We would move to her hometown Attex, North Carolina. "Winow you have to hurry up! The cab will be here soon." My mother yelled. I heard my mother but ignored her. How could I leave my hometown, the only place I've ever know. I grabbed my bag and slowly walked down the stairs.

The stairs creaked as I went down and hearing the creaks made me cry. All my memories here would no longer be the same. "Now Missy don't go crying now." My mother said as she wiped my tears. She thought I couldn't see it but she was clearly sad too. We held hands as we got in to the cab to the airport.

We were waiting for our flight time when I decided to go to the restroom. "Mom I need to pee I'll be back." I said patting my mother's shoulder as she nodded in response. I relived myself and stepped out. I didn't go back to the line I had 10 minutes before it was time to board the plane. I walked towards the airplane window and that's when I saw him.

A tall guy, around my age. What stuck out about him was his aura. He was looking outside the window I hadn't even seen his face but I knew he was someone important. I stood behind him staring. He turned back slowly not giving me enough time to move and spare myself from embarrassment. I looked away as he looked at me. He just stood there staring at me not saying a word. When the speakers announced "plane 11 boarding in five minutes."

He walked past me in the direction of my plane and I walked as well. "I hope he doesn't think I am following him" I thought.  "You took a mighty long time to relieve yourself." My mother said when she caught sight of me. I chuckled and said "I went to explore a little" my mother scoffed then smiled as we boarded the plane.

We sat and settled in the plane I looked for the boy. I couldn't find him so I slowly forgot about him and, the fear of moving to a new place finally settled in. We arrived at our destination after 5 hours. I was glad to be on the ground again I grabbed my suitcase and walked toward the entrance of the airport with my mother. No one was there to welcome us.

My mother turned and gave me a no teeth smile. Grabbed my hand as we got in another cab driving us back to her hometown. It was dark when we arrived at our new home it was small and old. The u-haul hadn't arrived so we would be sleeping on the ground tonight with the small blanket and pillow we brought. I lay on the ground as my mother yelled at the u-haul on the phone, wondering 'What lies ahead?"