Chapter 2: Settling in

I woke up at 2pm to the sound of yelling. My mom laying beside me snoring. It was still dark outside and I knew the neighbors we had were miles away. I walked towards the window where the yelling came from. The floor creaking with each of my steps. I saw two people dragging someone into the land behind my home.

I tripped with my head hitting the window it made a quiet noise but loud enough for the people to hear. I shivered slowly looking up to see the two people had stopped. They slowly turned their heads as I ducked. They stood their for a minute before they turned back around and began to walk off again.

I was finally able to breathe again I quickly lay back in bed and tried to convince myself that what I saw was a dream. I woke up again when I heard the front door of the house open. I turned hoping it was my mother but she lay there sleeping. I reached my hand out preparing to wake my mother. When a cold gun was pointed at my head. I slowly turned my head to see the guy from the airport.

For a minute I had hope. Hope that he would recognize me and pull the gun away but he didn't. He kneeled with the gun still pointed to my head as he smirked. Another man came from behind him. "Sir, we have to leave soon."

His smirk fell leaving his once again cold face."lo so." (I know.) Before he turned back to me and said with an accent" I remeber you from somewhere." He squinted his eyes while looking at me before smirking again " oh yeah from the airport, I caught you staring." He smiled and got up. His smile wiped away just as quickly as it came.

He walked towards the door turning back "Don't tell your mom, we wouldn't want another dead body to bury." Before walking off, out of the house with the man behind him.

I didn't move until I heard a car drive off on the street. I ran to the bathroom and hurled. I brushed my teeth and cried myself to sleep and somehow my mother didn't wake up.

The next morning the u-haul arrived. The movers helped us bring our study in and left around noon. With our stuff came my bike. "Mom I'm gonna go for a walk." I said trying to rush out the house. My mother put her hand on my shoulder "You alright Missy, you've been acting strange all morning." I smiled at my mom trying to reassure her "I'm fine mom, I just had a bad dream." She slowly nodded and waved at me as she went back to unpack the boxes.

I rode my yellow bike for 30 minutes at least before even seeing another house. It was a big house with a gate around it and acres of land.
It was beautiful, it made me wonder why it was near our house that didn't seem to pretty. I walked near the gate hoping to get a better glance at the house when I saw him again.